Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. give the option to forbid nginx from seving static files in the admin, through a checkbox

give the option to forbid nginx from seving static files in the admin, through a checkbox

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alert When Emails are Trying to be Sent from the Server Instead of 3rd Party or add-on

It would be very helpful for monitoring purposes and quality control purposes if we could be alerted when emails are trying to be sent from the server instead of 3rd party or add-on.

For example I have a plugin that allows me to setup emailing through mandrill on a site by site basis. This allows for better tracking. In some cases the sites are not able to communicate with mandrill and it falls back to using wp_mail() which would try to get the server to send out the email. Since Cloudways doesn't support emailing from servers these emails fail silently.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Choose what time of the day do Backups

Sometimes I notice high cpu usage in the middle of the day and is because of the automatic backups, would be great if is possible to choose what time of the day doing that.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Option to connect to Microsoft external databases

Currently we have no alternative to connect to Microsoft bases. I use PHP and this is not possible. In other hosts I use the DBLIB driver to make a connection.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Reset File Permission needs special config for some folders

Based on the ticket (Request #49749) I suggest this idea to solve 2 issues with Reset File Permission in Magento:

1 - while the reset permissions button takes the permissions of folder to default master user (public_html/var/session/) and this terminates any on going sessions as magento is unable to write in the same session as the permission on the session file is overwritten

2 - the reset button will prevent also the user (web user different from Master user) to create new log files in (/public-html/var/log/)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ask for a confirmation when "Removing" git repo from "Deployment via Git"

When removing Github repo from "Deployment via Git", please ask for a confirmation first. I clicked Remove button by accident, then had to set it up again.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Put the Application URL on the front screen.

have 70 websites across 5 servers, its hard to know which are live and which are DEV sites. Putting the URL on the front page would make this much better to manager, I could tell at a glance which was dev vs live. Also, on the link to go to the website from the console, I cannot right click the link and open in a new tab, so this prevents me from keeping my place in my long list of 70 applications

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Registration process using form instead a chat?

Why I need to answer so many question on registration, and had to wait customer service? Why not using a form or something faster?

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A Package for DevOps

I am currently in the process of moving my sites from cPanel based hosting env. to Vultr, DO, and Linode.

I think everything you guys offer at CW is pretty great, except you folks do not provide us with root access. That's a bummer!

I think you folks should create a new package for DevOps or just for developers who are interested in having the root access. This package will offer everything your platform offers, the custom panel, staging area, security management and stuff but it would also provide root access.

Devs would know what they are doing. You'll be…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. pagespeedy php free extension

pagespeedy is a php free extension, awesome server side cache... varnish is having some problems in prestashop latest version... plz guys, pagespeedy :)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Renaming Apps = Multiple App folders

Please make it possible to delete/remove/hide/tidy the multiple app folders which appear on renaming apps. Surely 1 App = 1 folder!

It's small thing that makes a bug difference for managing and organising applications via SFTP.

Thanks

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. support the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&firefox mainly) as one option of Application

Hi Team,

pretty disappointed when i don&#39;t see the Cross Browser Testing Tool(chrome&amp;firefox mainly) in the Application&#39;s option, just for your reference(<a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=browser+testing)">https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&amp;q=browser+testing)</a>, it&#39;s a widely used Application, i don&#39;t demand too fancy functionality out there by cloudways.com, but just expect to have the basic functions with this related, e.g: can open browsers, install extensions/add-ons,  can upload test files as <a rel="nofollow noreferrer" href="https://crossbrowsertesting.com/">https://crossbrowsertesting.com/</a> provides currently. that&#39;s it!

Thanks for consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. PHP 7 compatible with memcache in cloudways.

PHP 7 compatible with memcached in cloudways for improving the speed of wordpress and phps sites.

When active memcached charging time decreases drasticamento and php 7 should decrease the load time even more.

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Improve permission settings

I notice when you change the shell username to something else, it doesn't change the ownership of the directories and files in the public_html directory. You have to do an additional step which is Reset Permissions to have it reflect the changes. Maybe have function to also reset permissions when you change the shell username.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please update libtidy

The one you have is from 2009! and there is no way for using to manually install the new version.

http://binaries.html-tidy.org/

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please, stop rounding off charges!

I think is not fair rounding off values, since we're not playing math, but dealing with money. By rounding values, people are unwittingly donating money to Cloudways! What about non dollar paying customers? As an example, by rounding $0.5 to $1, customers are paying more $0.5 for nothing, and customers which pay in reals are paying around R$ 1.65, just for nothing. Please, stop doing that. You are a company, not a non-profit organization we are helping with this "donations". If Cloudways thinks backups costs are high, simply make a price readjustment on it.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Is it possible to set hostname default to clients domain?

Hi,

I am the developer of WHMCS Digitalocean reseller module and WHMCS Serverpilot reseller module. I am interested in your service and found you are now providing API's to manage your service. So it peaks my interest to develop a module for whmcs similar to my previous modules.

Before that, i have some questions to get answers?

1. Is it possible to set hostname default to clients domain name or something else instead of app-xxxxx.cloudwaysapps.com? So that it makes the module some what white labeled.

2. is it possible to get developer account/server to test my module in live?

3. Do you guys…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. More repositories to one application

Now we can add only one repository do application from admin panel - If I want to add another repository I must to do it via SSH - this is
    impediment and totally incomprehensible.

Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use supported PHP timezones (America/Chicago instead of US/Central)

Some of the PHP timezones listed on the basic settings and packages page are not supported by PHP. For example, I can select "US/Central" as a timezone, but PHP only supports "America/Chicago", which isn't an option. See: https://secure.php.net/manual/en/timezones.others.php

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add Tiny Tiny RSS as an app

Allow the RSS reader Tiny Tiny Tss to be installed on Cloudways. https://tt-rss.org

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base