Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. White Labelled Reseller Services

Every Web Agency or Free lance Developers would need this serivices but also at the same time they want their brand name to be highlited for this . If we get that option nothing like it ...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Cloudways Bot Notifications Options and Subscribe Options

Cloudways Bot doesn't currently notify us about server RAM usage spikes, etc. Turn it into a subscription service and let us choose which stats/events to monitor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Git deploy with submodules

If there are any submodules in the main repository, it could be possible to pull them all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Group permissions for Teams

Group Permissions

Feature Request: Under the Team settings, I'd like to have a Group where I can set permission for the group of people instead of per person.

This would make it easy to bring on new team members and add them to a group in Cloudways.

For example, I might have an "Admin" group where I've allowed access to billing. And I would also have a "Developers" group that gives access to the console and support, but not billing.

I hope that explains the feature well. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. provide a way for site-administrators to view the auth.log

When sites are hacked the first thing to check is the auth.log to see who accessed what, when. When a compromise happens we need to be able to investigate immediately and find a fix.
    Can site owners be provided with a way to see the auth.log for their site, similar to how we can currently view web access/error logs?

Specifically what I'm requesting is live (and perhaps filtered to my site) visibility on:
    * auth.log
    * sftpserver.log
    * history of auth and sftp
    server logs so that we can go back at least a week to see if we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Cloudways should have a control panel with file manager . file updates should not be limited to FTPs or SFTPs

FTPs are very slow .it is more convenient to have a file manager which most hosting platforms do. There we can upload large zipped files with convenience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Monitor application wise details improvements

On server > monitoring > summary, there is a "Application Wise Details" table. My suggestion to that table is:

1) Make columns sorteable, so for example I can sort by disk usage, cpu, or memory.
    2) Make Disk usage unit consitent, to easier make a comparison, right aligned, always 2 decimals and always using MB
    3) Separate the Last update column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Invert Redis Controls on Manage Services tab

I would like to kindly ask the UX/UI relevant Developer, if it could be possible to invert the Stop and the Restart controls on the "Mana Services" tab on the Platform.

Since it's below all the Restart controls, I oftenly Stop Redis instead of Restarting. I assume this isn't a very hard update to make, and would improve a lot the UX on the Platform Hope it can be done, cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Wordpress Manager

I am well aware of apps like InfiniteWP and ManageWP. The best thing about them is the bulk core and plugin update management. However, it sucks to have ANOTHER service to add and manage to your websites.

It would be AWESOME if CloudWays began to build some of these features into the control panel. It makes the most sense to have them in one place.

CloudWays, have you considered building any features like this?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Nginx proxy Timeouts

Please add "Nginx proxy Timeouts" settings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. adding team member flexibility

I'm unable to add a team member which have already created another account. That's why i have to always share my credentials with my team members

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. WP CLI Upgrade to latest version

The version of WP CLI is very far behind on WordPress deployments. The version that is being deployed is 0.24.1 while the latest is 2.3.0.

Currently, we are unable to upgrade it because root access is not provided and the /usr/local/bin/wp file cannot be edited.

If this cannot be done, a better solution would be to grant access to allow editing of .bashrc file so we can map our own custom wp-cli file instead of using the default one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow more than one SSL Certificate per Application. SAN or WILDCArd SSL does not solve this problem

More than one SSL should be allowed to be installed on per-application bases. SAN SSL or Wildcard SSL does not cover this case.

This is what I mean.
    When running a Wordpress multisite network with subdomains as subsites, wild card SSL can only cover the subsites and the primary domain name.
    If you intend to map custom domain names to individual subsides, this becomes impossible. Even though a SAN certificates can cover this, it has its limits of only 100 domains. This is essentially limiting your business to only 100 customers.

This is already possible with hosting accounts running Cpanel.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please make ElasticSearch Java Options available.

There should be at least settings to change the ElasticSearch Java options so we could adjust the heap size to some degree.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Nginx to conditionally serve WebP format images if they exist.

at the moment .webp images are being served by apache.
    they should be served by nginx and cached just like jpg/png.

Also if the .webp file exists next to the jpg/png serve it to browsers that support webp instead.

```

http config block

map $httpaccept $webpext {

default "";

"~*webp" ".webp";

}

server config block

location ~* ^(/path/to/your/images/.+).(png|jpg)$ {

set $img_path $1;

add_header Vary Accept;
    try_files $img_path$webp_ext $uri =404;

}
    ```

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Limit application to disk space

The disk space reporting is very helpful. It would be even more helpful to limit application to a specified disk space.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Lengthen platform sessions

I find it annoying that I have to log in often to access cloudways platform options and the database manager. Would be great if you'd use sessions that lasted far longer than now.

Also in the database manager it would be helpful to have a log of previously entered SQL statements.

Thanks for your consideration!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base