Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Limit RAM and cpu core per Application

Limit RAM and CPU to each app on each server.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Prestashop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable php_mssql.dll & php_pdo_mssql.dll in php.ini

We are trying to connect to Azure MSSQL using php and this need to enable phpmssql.dll & phppdo_mssql.dll in php.ini, and this is not supported.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Redirect module in cloudways

Would be great with a redirect module manager in cloudways just as kinsta to saftely handle redirects directly into the nginx and server. Instead fo messing with htaccess which can be reset by plugins etc. Safe way of adding redirects to the server:

https://kinsta.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/add-redirect-rule.png

And make it possible to tag and categorize them and specify if only live domain, both or only staging. The module should work on application level and not server level. Since users might use more than one application on the same server (not recommended) but some do.

Please cloudways this would be a great feature.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Update active tickets when you are investigating

The ticketing system has no indication that a call is actively being worked on. I understand that some tickets take some time to investigate, but it would be helpful to know when a ticket is actively being worked on even if there are no results on the investigation yet.

Also, if the ticket is going to take some time to action (ie large/slow process) then inform the ticket/client of an expected timeline rather than leaving the ticket without an update for hours at a time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow closing shellinabox

The shellinabox service that runs on port 4200 is not secure enough, for a number of reasons:
    * it accepts non-TLS traffic
    * no multifactor authentication
    * no battle-tested frontend webserver like nginx before it

Instead of fixing all of these, perhaps just allow to disable this service like you allow for other services.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Read only user for database

It would be nice to have a read only user for the database so that people that need to perform SELECT queries don't use the admin user to log in.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Exclude folder from PULL request

There should be a field to exclude certain folders while pulling data from live to staging site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. adding team member flexibility

I'm unable to add a team member which have already created another account. That's why i have to always share my credentials with my team members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. php version update

Based on the email sent by magento (below), please update the according php versions ASAP if possible.

Kind regards,
    Jakab András

Magento, An Adobe Company
    A vulnerability has recently been discovered in PHP and we recommend Magento Commerce customers adopt changes to address the issue.
    MS-ISAC has issued an alert related to multiple vulnerabilities that could allow for arbitrary code execution and a recommendation that all sites using PHP should update to the latest PHP version ASAP ( full alert is available here).

Since Magento Commerce relies on PHP, we recommend that all Merchants using Magento Commerce review necessary updates…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Assign the funds added for existing Projects

Assign the funds added for existing servers, so that the funds will not be shared among any other server we have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. When a mistake is made during phone registration, let people delete it and start over.

I tried to register and my phone was out of service, I was asked to give my phone number, and as soon as I gave it, there was a text sent I could not retrieve, and it wouldn't let me start over. I tried to delete the account months ago and just checked back and it's still not deleted. So I still can't get started. you should change this so you get more business and customers aren't forced to use a different service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Can't search applications from dashboard now.

Pages have been added on the applications screen, no way to view all, no way to search by name. What was a .05 short cut to search by application name is now gone, now it only searches what is on the page. What was quick is now very time consuming. Now need to click through page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lengthen platform sessions

I find it annoying that I have to log in often to access cloudways platform options and the database manager. Would be great if you'd use sessions that lasted far longer than now.

Also in the database manager it would be helpful to have a log of previously entered SQL statements.

Thanks for your consideration!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple databases per application

I'd like to suggest that you implement the possibility to have multiple databases per application.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remove the "staging" tag from the dropdown list of Apps after a site is made live

Remove the "staging" tag from the dropdown list of Apps after a site is made live and replace with "Live"

I can provide a transcript of a support desk chat if you advise where to upload

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Have a Notes Section per Server/Application

A basic 'Notes' tab added to Servers/Applications to allow us to leave management notes. It would be a CRUD table with 3 columns: date (date field), user (shows user name), note (simple textarea) and a way to add a new note. As simple as it sounds, this would allow an agency to keep light tabs on certain clients instead of creating a record in their corresponding CRM system. Example note: 'Site turned off because client hasn't paid...' or 'Remember to upgrade such and such plugin' ...

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Bring back Moodle please!

Please bring back Moodle as a one click install. It's easier for people to take out hosting with a rival hosting company that does one click install than the pain of doing it manually! You're losing money by making people move to an easier option... And why did you remove Moodle and nothing else from the apps list please???

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base