Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. that there should be mechanism for notification of requests generated by instead load on the server.

that there should be mechanism for notification of requests generated by instead load on the server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Functionality to create logs for team memebers

Ability to create a log for team members when are they logging in and logging out and even database users creation functionality should be there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Trying to white label hosting services but need application alerts for usage!

To whom it may concern,
    I am trying to create a white label hosting service used through Cloudways(Reseller model), and I'm finding it difficult to accomplish without this feature.  Your cloudways bot seems like the perfect system but it doesn't allow me to set my own custom limits on an application level.  So for example if I have 50 websites on one server, how do I know which one is the abusive user on bandwidth?  
    I need to be able to set custom limits with cloudways bot to notify me if someone surpasses the allocated bandwidth or disk usage that I've…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Possibility to add Applications in subdirectories

It's very simple on Cloudways Console to map a domain or subdomain. It would be great to have the same possibility when we need to map subdirectories with applications.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Remove Server Signature for Improved Security

Provide a way to disable the server signature to improve security by not disclosing the server type and server software, along with other information, which could allow hackers to determine vulnerabilities by listing server and software specifications.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Openvpn

Be able to install openvpn server

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. You are having two very weekness point. 1- Short of Important applications such as Java,. 2- Creating new Database for a certain application

You are having two very weekness points.
    1- Short of Important applications such as Java, MongoDB, etc.
    2- Creating new Database for a certain application
    3- Adding a new application, do not need to have public_html for all of them.

Thank you

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Labels and wildcards for database whitelist

Add the ability to label IPs added to the remote DB whitelist so you can add your own identifier to IPs. And also add the ability to wildcard IPs by range eg. 5.40.%.%, and also the ability to add by domain name in addition to IP. This will allow for better management and greater control of whitelisted IPs

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow DDNS Hostname for IP in Security

I noticed that I can't use my DDNS as my IP in the Security Tab of Cloudways.
    Although using a hostname in the IP section could prove a slightly increased security risk, the benefit of not having to update my dynamic IP on the system, far outweighs it.
    The DDNS allows my Dynamic IP to be mapped to a URL for easy-use :)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Code a button in account detail's page that will terminate your servers so you can cancel your account.

It will be better if you could have a button that when pressed it will terminate/kill running servers or at least it will ask you "Do you want to terminate your servers and then cancel your account?"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. massively improve customer support

I have never been impressed with Cloudways' "customer support" from the beginning. It's generally obstructive, ignores the question, is poorly trained and just re-directs you to guides. On top of this, the Live Chat function has been greyed out for a year and Cloudways can't resolve it. Recently, it's got even worse so time to leave.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ability to exclude certain files/folders on staging > live push

This would give the ability to exclude certain staging related configuration files or logs, etc. Would be very helpful for a lot of users I think. If you agree vote up!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Control Panel Option to Clear Swap Memory

Sometimes you run in to an issue where you "run out of memory" when upgrading modules or magento. You can force unlimited memory with composer or php, but the system only has so much swap and physical RAM. Often times, clearing the swap mem is enough to allow the command to run successfully. Since this can only be done with root access, it would be great to have this feature added in to the control panel so we do not have to contact chat support to do this every time.

Yes, upgrading the server is the solution, but when in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SFTP sync is extremely slow, goes 80KB/s please IMPLEMENT WebDav (also Siteground has it)

Sometimes I get really astonished by realizing that Cloudways miss of basic features. Which is the reason?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Multisite staging

It would be wonderful to see a high quality staging feature for wordpress multisite with a woocommerce store and WPML on it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Disponibilizar versões atuais do Magento 2

Colocar a nova versão do Magento na criação da aplicação Magento 2. E sempre atualizar de acordo com as atualizações do Magento.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please Do Package and setting customization Could server

I have so many restrictions in Cloudways untill today

No Mysql 5.7

No Root SSH

No Latest Version Update even in Maria DB

No Server Timezone Changes

Please Fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Ability to rename the default application URLS

When you create a new application, it creates a url that is very difficult to remember and difficult to type/send to people (for example https://wordpress-123456-1234567.cloudwaysapps.com/).

It would be extremely useful if we could change this url... to https://my-application-name.cloudwaysapps.com. This would make keeping track of and memorising multiple applications that don't/yet have a unique domain name much easier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Expose how long different parts of staging site creation take to let us optimize it

We're experiencing very long wait times for staging site creation and would love to know how to speed it up. Some other ideas here, like selective updating of the staging site, could also help, but I thought this idea would also be good for us.

The idea is to log when each part of the process starts — either in something that Cloudways employees can see or that the users can see. Perhaps they could even be added to the Deployment Logs.

Often with processes that take a long time, an app will show progress or at least tell you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Deploy via GitHub Actions

Hi. You should develop a GitHub Action for a better automatic deployment, like Netlify's (https://github.com/marketplace/actions/netlify-deploy) since it's a more reliable way than using webhooks and custom PHP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base