Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions (Oregon, Japan)

Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions, 10 more to come
    https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/03/announcing-two-new-Cloud-Platform-Regions-and-10-more-to-come_22.html

Will add two new regions to Cloudways? thanks.

Regards,
    Pseric

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Specify time of day for backups

It would be nice to be able to specify a general time of day for backups to be made. Something like morning, noon, night. Of course to be able to pick the exact hour would be even better.

Right now backups are being made around 9pm local time on my server and that is making things very slow whenever I work in the admin area of wordpress, which is around 9pm in the evening.

Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix Wordfence issue that stops the firewall from working

The latest version of WordFence adds a firewall. This requires that WordFence is able to write to the /wp-content/wplogs directory, but this is owned by the wrong account when created, causing the firewall to throw up an error. The 'Reset Permissions' button doesn't fix this ownership issue either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer data center in Hongkong

In order to target traffic from China, you must have servers in Hong. Otherwise, customers will face connectivity issues.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Enable or Disable Short Open tag

Ability to Enable or Disable Short Open tag in php

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add PHP7 logging on New Relic

Please can you update the New Relic PHP agent to work with PHP7. This is now availabie: https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/php-7-support-is-out/35274

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Remote mysql database access

The ability to connect remotely to a hosted database on a server, possibly an IP whitelist

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Craft CMS as new supported application

It would be nice to have Craft CMS (www.buildwithcraft.com) support built in.

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  10 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Disk Space Details/Quota Per Application

At the Application Tab. Display Application Disk Data and Disk DB usage in numeric stats and Chart.

Purpose - to help us determine what app has increased in size and/or to help manage disk size.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Backup single applications

Actually, we can take SERVER backups but we can RESTORE single applications. This is good but it would be great if we could also take a backup of a single application.

Consider this : we'll deploy an upgrade but before we want to made a backup that we can restore just after deployment if anything goes wrong.

• Actually, we need to take a full server backup, which takes several minutes ;

• I f we could made a backup of this single app, it would take 90% less time.

This could be placed at the same level than RESTORE tab under…

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add dashboard for applications

We have a console for Servers, where we can list all of our servers, enter each one and see the list of Applications on that server (by hitting application management and then viewing the drop-down list)

I'd like a console for viewing all applications, independent of server, so we could find a specific site without having to trudge through each server screen.

It'd simply act as a list of shortcuts directly into the Application Management screen for each.

At the end of the day, we only care about our Applications, that we need servers to host them is incidental, ideally…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Cloudways should add DDoS protection service

DDoS is a common problem now, maybe Cloudways can add a DDoS Mitigation service and upgrade their Network hardware to secure against Level 3 DDoS attacks

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  53 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. White-label application URL

To me not having a white-label Cloudways application is absolutely of no concern. The only concern I have (because I offer clients managed Wordpress hosting) is the fact that the application-url is not white-label. If only I could have my brand name in stead of Cloudways I am done.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. SSH On Off Button

A simple button to turn ssh on and off, ssh can be turned off until the admin needs to use it so it adds an additional level of security straight on the dashboard. Thanks

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Option to DELETE Team Member.

Love the ability to add team member. However there's no way to DELETE a team member. Once this team member is added, his/her email is forever associated as a team member to one Cloudway account and there's no way to use this email username for another Cloudways account. Yikes!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transfer servers or applications between accounts

I would love to be able to start a new server and transfer it to my client once I'm done so he would be billed for it.
    On AWS you can change the billing for a specific stack.

74 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Option to update composer

Composer can not be updated without sudo permissions. You should make this option available as all modern php frameworks are based on composer.

https://getcomposer.org

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Composer is now auto-updated on deployment (so new servers get latest version) and recurring updates happening bi-weekly automatically.

Cloudways Team

19. Install NodeJS in Click&Go

Install NodeJS in ClicknGo

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  24 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. GEOIP Required

There is no GEOIP installation in PHP application so its required to install for good improvement application or website speed without any third party call.

Thanks

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base