Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Supervisor installation for laravel queue workers

As Laravel mention in its docs, to keep a queue worker deamon alive, you have to confgure supervizor.. Laravel Forge has in its default app stack supervizor installed and a UI for its config.

Please install supervizor in laravel stack apps, Redis is great, and thank you, but we still need supervizor to keep queues deamon alive

Queues are used for jobs, event handling, mails, notifications

77 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

21 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add geo detection capabilities into Varnish

Please add geo detection capabilities into Varnish, this will accelerate use case scenarios where geo detection is essential.

For e.g. in WooCommerce, their current method to provide multi-currency that's compatible with cache is using Woocommerce based geo detection, which tends redirects the visitor 4 times to the correct URL of the page with the correct currency/tax displayed.

Other multi-currency plugins attempt improve this but their loading speeds are too slow, drastically affecting woocommerce store loading times, and making caching useless.

By having geo detection capabilities right in the server stack (Nginx or Varnish, which ever is hit first by visitors)…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Hosting email addresses

Every hosting provider I have used allowed me to create as many email addresses as I wanted without an extra cost.

At the moment, I need to pay for two servers because on your server I need to pay monthly for each email account. I have one server with you (I host my websites on it), and the other with another company (I host on it the email addresses for these sites.

Could you make my and other life easier by adding an option in the app console for creating and hosting email accounts?

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As other users pointed, we have partnered with Rackspace to offer mailboxes at a very discounted rate (best pricing for very reliable Rackspace Email mailboxes that you will find anywhere).

More information here:
    https://www.cloudways.com/en/addon/rackspace-email-hosting.php

We don’t have plans to support deploying mailboxes on our servers as we see email as a completely different service than web hosting, that is what we are trying to be very good at.

Cloudways Team

4. Please add TFA option for team account. Not only the main account

Please add TFA option for team account. So the server security never get compromised by team account hijack

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Manage rackspace email accounts from within console

The current option to add mailboxes from Rackspace is extremely limited.
    The only way to order them, is via a small window and is very limited information.
    I have no details at all about current mailboxes, quota usage etc...
    Also, the only way to order mailboxes is by TYPING in the details in the window including the desired password for the mailbox???
    Afterwards, I get a confirmation back from support with the password in the email.
    It's completely unsafe to communicate about passwords this way.

And lastly, there is no control at all about the mailboxes.
    I can't create extra…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Provide hosting services based in South America (Brazil)

I want to use CloudWays in servers located in South America - Brazil - Sao Paulo

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add additional locales

Allow generation of additional locales.

Currently only

• C

• C.UTF-8

• en_US.utf8

• POSIX

are generated on the system.

We need country specific locales for internationalization (e.g. money formats, date formats, etc.)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Use Let's Encrypt certificate for Cloudways database manager (8082 port) instead of a self signed cert

Since we all can use Let's Encrypt for free (basic needs), why don't you automatically setup LE cert for database manager rather than using self signed cert which gives browser warnings.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions (Oregon, Japan)

Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions, 10 more to come
    https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/03/announcing-two-new-Cloud-Platform-Regions-and-10-more-to-come_22.html

Will add two new regions to Cloudways? thanks.

Regards,
    Pseric

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix Wordfence issue that stops the firewall from working

The latest version of WordFence adds a firewall. This requires that WordFence is able to write to the /wp-content/wplogs directory, but this is owned by the wrong account when created, causing the firewall to throw up an error. The 'Reset Permissions' button doesn't fix this ownership issue either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer data center in Hongkong

In order to target traffic from China, you must have servers in Hong. Otherwise, customers will face connectivity issues.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Enable or Disable Short Open tag

Ability to Enable or Disable Short Open tag in php

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add PHP7 logging on New Relic

Please can you update the New Relic PHP agent to work with PHP7. This is now availabie: https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/php-7-support-is-out/35274

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Remote mysql database access

The ability to connect remotely to a hosted database on a server, possibly an IP whitelist

69 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Disk Space Details/Quota Per Application

At the Application Tab. Display Application Disk Data and Disk DB usage in numeric stats and Chart.

Purpose - to help us determine what app has increased in size and/or to help manage disk size.

279 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

75 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Backup single applications

Actually, we can take SERVER backups but we can RESTORE single applications. This is good but it would be great if we could also take a backup of a single application.

Consider this : we'll deploy an upgrade but before we want to made a backup that we can restore just after deployment if anything goes wrong.

• Actually, we need to take a full server backup, which takes several minutes ;

• I f we could made a backup of this single app, it would take 90% less time.

This could be placed at the same level than RESTORE tab under…

199 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add dashboard for applications

We have a console for Servers, where we can list all of our servers, enter each one and see the list of Applications on that server (by hitting application management and then viewing the drop-down list)

I'd like a console for viewing all applications, independent of server, so we could find a specific site without having to trudge through each server screen.

It'd simply act as a list of shortcuts directly into the Application Management screen for each.

At the end of the day, we only care about our Applications, that we need servers to host them is incidental, ideally…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cloudways should add DDoS protection service

DDoS is a common problem now, maybe Cloudways can add a DDoS Mitigation service and upgrade their Network hardware to secure against Level 3 DDoS attacks

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  53 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. White-label application URL

To me not having a white-label Cloudways application is absolutely of no concern. The only concern I have (because I offer clients managed Wordpress hosting) is the fact that the application-url is not white-label. If only I could have my brand name in stead of Cloudways I am done.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 227 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

42 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base