Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow Country Blocking at the Server Level

Please consider allowing us to choose Server access to specific countries at the Server Level. If our WP sites or other applications (even our clients) are selling only within the US, why should we not block access to all other countries trying to access the server. There are so many daily hack attempts from countries outside the US, but even if this were not the case, allowing the user to manage Country Access (perhaps by blocking IP ranges) would greatly reduce the effect of DDOS attacks and also reduce server load from unrelated or unnecessary website visits. Thanks!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Urgent - Elasticsearch 7.6.x support, MariaDB 10.4 support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Security Patches in this update alone are required for the update.
    Who wants to run a business on this hosting knowing your stuff can be compromised due to lack of ability to update for existing stable software.

Magento 2.4 will remove support for Elasticsearch 5.x and 6.x, making the default version 7.6.x. Magento 2.4 will also remove MySql search engine, making the elasticsearch engine the default and only option.

This is a must if you wish to host future Magento websites.

Also, Magento 2.4 removes support for MariaDB 10.1. The new standard is 10.4, which brings improved performance.

Link…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add the lighspeed servers

As we all know the benefits of lightspeed techniques. But unfortunately it is not available on cloudways. Kindly add the lightspeed server on cloudways.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Xdebug support for PHP 7.3 and 7.4

For debugging Magento 2 stores the Xdebug is invaluable.

Magento 2.4 will only support PHP 7.3 and 7.4.

We need a solution for running Xdebug on newer PHP versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add a manual option to block/blacklist specific traffic in Bot Protection

It's great that Bot Protection blocks traffic that meets Cloudways' predefined criteria automatically, but there is other "bad" traffic that continues to get through. It would be helpful to be able to manually block specific traffic that is malicious to our apps. Similar to the "whitelist" function already in place, it would be great to have a second option to blacklist them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add Bot Protection Stats To The Server Monitoring Section

Bot Protection is a great idea, but the new release didn't come with any reporting tools that allow the checking of all applications with Bot Protection enabled. At the moment we have to review 70+ applications individually, which takes 30-80+ minutes to review them.

By adding a section to monitoring for the server, it would give a window into all applications at once so we can quickly identify any installation that is under threat/pressure.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. update magento2 version ..latest version is 2.3.5 sp1

update the magento 2 application, latest magento 2 version fixed some security bugs.. :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Implementation of OpenLiteSpeed (OLS)

LiteSpeed performs better than nginx: it transfers files faster and uses less CPU and memory.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Authenticated Origin Pulls / SSLVerifyClient require

I'm new customer, and previous tenant has domains pointing to my IP.
    My server is being hammered, tried blocking malicious traffic many different ways already, but need to enable Apache option SSLVerifyClient require.

It means, the webserver will only accept connections from cloudflare, and nobody else. Quite common for people to bypass cloudflare, and hack into the origin server directly.

If you let me edit the server.apache file, I would put the following:

SSLCertificateFile "/applications/xxx/privatehtml/cert2020.crt"
    SSLCertificateKeyFile "/applications/xxx/private
    html/cert2020.key"
    SSLCACertificateFile "/applications/xxx/private_html/server-ca.crt"
    SSLVerifyClient require

Authenticated Origin Pulls
    Authenticated Origin Pulls allow you to cryptographically verify that requests to your origin server…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Paypal Recurring Payments

We need Paypal Recurring billing. I don;t have a credit card and I hate to login everytime and pay with Paypal. Could you please enable Paypal Recurring payments.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Block other domains visibility from whois services

Hi, I'd like to suggest a new feature to server owner's security, to block other domains visibility from whois services. at the moment, anyone can go to any whois service (i.e. http://reverseip.domaintools.com) and by typing domain name, or the IP address can check what other domains are hosted on this server. i think, to privacy of users and server owners, this is a lack. it may be just an additional feature, but i'm sure people would love to see this as an option to disable this from public view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ESI in WordPress

ESI (Edge Side Includes) can be enabled in NGINX/Varnish as suggested by this link -
    https://www.fastfwd.com/get-yourself-a-faster-website-with-varnish-cache-and-esi/

please enable it & give us a working example how to implement it in WordPress.

Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ability to disable Off-site Backup

1) Off-site backup is a paid service. Please allow us to disable it if we want to.

2) What's your reasoning for rounding up backup charges on $0.5 increments?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow restore points to be cloned to staging

Often, I have glitches that creep in to my websites, It would be good to be able to clone a restore point to the staging server so I can see an old version or perhaps get some files back that I have deleted or revert to a css versions from a few days ago. Currently, I have to restore to live (not ideal!!) then make a staging site then revert back to pre restore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Linode Block Storage option

Add Linode Block Storage option for purchasing additional disk space

https://www.linode.com/products/block-storage/

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Check for the blacklist IP before assigning Server IP

Hello Team,

Can you please add some feature where it'll check for the blacklist before assigning server IP?

It seems like someone else was using assigned server IP before it's assigning to the user and they have abused the server so their IP is under blacklist and that blacklist server IP is not going to be useful for the new user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. create a drop-down for "SSL ciphers" in the "APPLICATION SETTINGS" below the "TLS VERSIONS" for customers who want only strong SSL ciphers

Customers can get an A+ rating on https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ if you:
    Add an "SSL ciphers" drop-down for customers that are interested in only using strong SSL ciphers.

You can consider your current ciphers as "default", and add an option for "most secure" that allows customers to select a pre-defined "A+ rated" SSL cipher configuration.

The "SSL Cipher" configuration would go below the existing "TLS VERSIONS" option in the "APPLICATION SETTINGS" > "GENERAL" > "TLS VERSIONS" configuration interface.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set Preferred settings for new applications

When creating a new application, I have to go in and enable/disable all of my preferred settings (like enabling SSH, disabling Varnish, creating SSH credentials and importing my public key).

It'd be great if I could have my preferred settings saved as a template when creating a new application. SSH credentials can be automatically generated, but the public key set in the template and applied automatically.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Regarding IPV6 enable

Nowadays people are moving to faster internet connection so most users are using IPV6.
    But in CloudWays there is no option to enable ipv6 on Servers (Digitalocean).

So some times who are using the only ipv6, their end our website will not load up.

So here is my request to CloudWays team enable IPV6 for better performance on servers and customer satisfaction.

Regards,
    Mainak

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Please add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup

Please Add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup so that we can input why was a backup created at this time and which one to chose when restoring from backup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base