Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Fix Breeze 1.2.0 to work with Divi Wordpress theme

Since updating Breeze, all my websites broke or had messed up CSS. I am using Divi, which is a popular Wordpress theme, but many features in the theme simply don't work (too many to mention). It would be nice to keep using breeze as it connects to the cloudways CDN. Please fix

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Update Breeze to clear at least product, category and front page cache when product is sold

When a customer buys an item, the product stock doesn't update if Breeze cache is not emptied. The item can't be added to the cart anymore since that request goes through the database, but could you update Breeze plugin to clear cache of product, it's category and front page (to remove bought products from lists on these pages if stock goes to 0) on purchase as well? Now cache is only cleared when updating the product, so changing stock amount by hand updates it even on cached pages, but buying product doesn't. At the moment Breeze can't be used on…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Breeze-Learndash Compatibility

In my website I use Learndash as an LMS.
    A few days Ago I installed Brezee and I turned on "System Cache" option.
    My users started to complain that they can't mark as complete the lessons and pass to the following. I checked and it was a cache issue.
    I put all the course URLs in the cache exceptions and it solved the issue.
    I was wondering if ¿there's any other solution to this issue? Because I only have one course but plan to add others so its a rudimentary solution.
    If not, ¿can you pass this to your development…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

We have resolved the issue with the Learn dash plugin the issue was happening because of a bug in breeze.

There is an option in breeze where we allow cache for logged-in users, despite the option being disable the cache was still enable for logged-in users. we fixed the issue in version 1.2.3.

Best Regards,
    Cloudways Team.

4. Breez minifiy should have URL Options to select // or http or https

I really like wp breeze plugin, but the css minificatino option should be improved.
    Breeze css minification should have URL options to select // or http or https because I need to force https.
    I have problem with my theme will not display font awesome social icon correctly, because breeze css minify use // instead of https. I have to use other css minify instead of breeze. If breeze have this feature it will be better.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integrate Breeze with Gutenberg plugin

Currently, Breeze doesn't purge automatically Varnish caché when saving post updates vía Gutenberg plugin. It would be useful since new editor will be shipped by default with the next major version.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Search and Replace site url when cloning application (WordPress)

Currently, while cloing an application, the automatic site url provided to the clone is not written in the database. This results in launching (redirected to) the original website when you are typing the new url.

The issue does not exist when the original site has been issued a domain name. Because the staged website does not have a domain and trying to clone a staged website, the database entries are not written. I don't know why. Could you please test and fix this? Thanks!

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Breeze cache in Multisite: Per site on/off setting

It would be great to have a per site setting for the Breeze cache plugin in Multisite.
    There is often at least one sub-site in development which does not require caching during dev, while the other sites are all live and need it.

We might also have different needs for our own CDN urls per site which can be set in Breeze on each subsite.

Thanks

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Wildcard or Regex support for Breeze "Never Cache these URLs"

I have a site with a number of dynamic "areas" that are not displaying/refreshing correctly due to caching. One primary area of the site is an online LMS (Learning Management System) made up of multiple lessons, topics, and quizzes. I could list each URL individually, however, it would be well over a 100 just to get started, and would also require me to continue updating the list of URLs as I continue to add new content/lessons, etc.

Ideally, I could enter in a relative url with a wildcard or utilize regex to not cache all URLs matching the pattern, such…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. WordPress and Woocommerce apps should both use Woo Varnish by default

My suggestion is that all WordPress apps use the Woocommerce Varnish by default.

This way there's no risk of a user installing a normal WordPress app and later installing Woocommerce on it, only to find out that their cart is broken because of Varnish.

Here is why:

I found out that the WordPress app uses a unique Varnish and the Woocommerce app uses it's own unique Varnish.

I ran into a problem with a WordPress app that I later decided to install Woocommerce on. Once I did, the normal wp Varnish did not support Woocommerce and it broke my cart…

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Fix Wordfence issue that stops the firewall from working

The latest version of WordFence adds a firewall. This requires that WordFence is able to write to the /wp-content/wplogs directory, but this is owned by the wrong account when created, causing the firewall to throw up an error. The 'Reset Permissions' button doesn't fix this ownership issue either.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Upgrade PHP Version 7.2 for WordPress

To run WordPress we recommend your host supports:
    - PHP version 7.2 or greater
    - MySQL version 5.6 or greater OR MariaDB version 10.0 or greater
    - HTTPS support
    https://wordpress.org/about/requirements/

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Let's Encrypt SSL for subdomains and multisites

All webmasters using subdomains or wordpress multisites will be happy about it

59 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your votes, comments, and patience. We have now rolled out this functionality onto production and made it available to everybody.

Cloudways Team

14. Fully Support WP Rocket

Your KB article on WP Rocket says that you don't fully support minification of JS/CSS due to Varnish caching on the server.

It would be amazing if you guys could reach out to WP Rocket and see if this could be resolved.

83 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Better caching plugin than W3 Total Cache

W3 Total Cache is rarely updated and is not officially compatible with WP 4.4 as of yet. Many people are speculating that the author may have even abandoned this plugin. Issues with WP 4.4 are being reported and are not resolved. I would prefer a more stable and regularly updated caching plugin.

177 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Support wildcard DNS, so Wordpress Multisite auto create sub domains

As it is now, we have to manually create the sub domains or use sub directories, which isn't the best solution. Personally I don't have time or even want to do this manually, and I guess this is the case for most people that are interested in Multisites.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Todd said (in new platform) when using a Custom Certificate, you can just generate a wildcard certificate (*.mydomain.com), that you can use for WP Multisites, or any other needs you have. Wildcard certificates are not yet supported via Let’s Encrypt certificate authority.

Cloudways Team

17. EWWW Image Optimizer integration

It would be great if EWWW Image Optimizer plugin would be a part of default WordPress app installation. There is an issue with installing EWWW to an existing WordPres app.

I arelady talk to EWWW developers about that.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-install-jpegtran-optipng-etc-on-cloudways-hosting?replies=26#post-8260174

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have deployed missing packages so EWWW can fully work on top of our platform. We do not have plans to add it as default but now, anyone wanting to use it should have no problems.

Cloudways Team

18. Update WP-CLI

Current versions is 0.21.1, but I have 0.17.0 installed.

Maybe we can autoupdate once a week?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are deploying 0.21.1 today along with new Wordpress version 4.4. We are adding too wp-cli updates to monthly application update process.

Cloudways Team

19. Ignore/Strip Cookies for Varnish

Our WordPress setup sets multiple cookies (from WordPress itself, Google Analytics, CloudFlare, and Third-Party Ad Networks), so every page request after the first will have cookies in the request headers. Because of those headers, Varnish considers it a "Miss" in the cache and passes through to the back end.

We need a way to be able to tell Varnish which cookies to strip for the sake of caching; on our previous dedicated server setup, we simply stripped the Google Analytics and WordPress (non-login) cookies, and that increased caching significantly.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix privacy and security issue on fresh WordPress installs

When adding a fresh WordPress App, the default admin account Cloudways creates adopts the account holders email address. This is also becomes the display name by default, showing up on the front-end, exposing the account holders email address involuntarily. The display name should be set to something other than the email address.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base