Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

I suggest you should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

In the console we should have a file manager, so we shouldn't have to use clients (like Filezilla) for fpt.

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uninstall New Relic option on Settings & Packages >> Packages

I would like to kindly suggest an option on "Settings & Packages --> Packages" to "Uninstall New Relic" from our servers, and this would automatically remove all those NR scripts on that server.

I keep wondering how much Live Chat & Tickets it could save to Cloudways! This would save so many resources!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. More Cloudways Bot Notifications Options and Subscribe Options

Cloudways Bot doesn't currently notify us about server RAM usage spikes, etc. Turn it into a subscription service and let us choose which stats/events to monitor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Group permissions for Teams

Group Permissions

Feature Request: Under the Team settings, I'd like to have a Group where I can set permission for the group of people instead of per person.

This would make it easy to bring on new team members and add them to a group in Cloudways.

For example, I might have an "Admin" group where I've allowed access to billing. And I would also have a "Developers" group that gives access to the console and support, but not billing.

I hope that explains the feature well. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Search by domain

In the search server or application field, please add also by domain. So we can easily find applications that have specific domains pointing to there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Monitor application wise details improvements

On server > monitoring > summary, there is a "Application Wise Details" table. My suggestion to that table is:

1) Make columns sorteable, so for example I can sort by disk usage, cpu, or memory.
    2) Make Disk usage unit consitent, to easier make a comparison, right aligned, always 2 decimals and always using MB
    3) Separate the Last update column

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Invert Redis Controls on Manage Services tab

I would like to kindly ask the UX/UI relevant Developer, if it could be possible to invert the Stop and the Restart controls on the "Mana Services" tab on the Platform.

Since it's below all the Restart controls, I oftenly Stop Redis instead of Restarting. I assume this isn't a very hard update to make, and would improve a lot the UX on the Platform Hope it can be done, cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup

Please Add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup so that we can input why was a backup created at this time and which one to chose when restoring from backup.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Cloudways should have a control panel with file manager . file updates should not be limited to FTPs or SFTPs

FTPs are very slow .it is more convenient to have a file manager which most hosting platforms do. There we can upload large zipped files with convenience.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. WP CLI Upgrade to latest version

The version of WP CLI is very far behind on WordPress deployments. The version that is being deployed is 0.24.1 while the latest is 2.3.0.

Currently, we are unable to upgrade it because root access is not provided and the /usr/local/bin/wp file cannot be edited.

If this cannot be done, a better solution would be to grant access to allow editing of .bashrc file so we can map our own custom wp-cli file instead of using the default one.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add option for password protection for all apps, not just staging

This is a great feature for the staging sites, however, we often run into the instance where we are doing a new website build for a client and don't already host their primary site. In this case, we are setting up a standalone app for the new project, but would also like to have to ability to turn on password protection as if it were a staging site.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Applications Window

Please add the ability to choose how many Applications will load up onto the Applications page at any one time, it's really annoying having to click to cycle through the applications 10 at a time.

I'd like to see the option for 10, 25, 50, 100 or all to be added here.

It would also be good if these projects could be drag and drop sorted into an order that works for us as developers. Maybe add colour coding for which Server any project is on too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. PHP worker reporting utilization reporting

I I suggest you have some reporting on PHP worker and cache utlization similar to what kinsta hositng has:
    See this: https://kinsta.com/knowledgebase/php-workers/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Account Operations Cockpit

An account having multiple servers organized in teams and projects, makes it difficult to monitor all the deployments without needing to go into each server separately and the notifications are just too many to handle or even to effectively locate a problem.

Would be very useful to have a cockpit panel which gives a birds eye view of all the servers (logically organized in to teams and projects) showing a summary status that includes;

Server level availability, accessibility and general health status (CPU, Mem, Disk).

If more information is needed on a specific server a drill down to the monitoring…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Exclude folder from PULL request

There should be a field to exclude certain folders while pulling data from live to staging site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. adding team member flexibility

I'm unable to add a team member which have already created another account. That's why i have to always share my credentials with my team members

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Assign the funds added for existing Projects

Assign the funds added for existing servers, so that the funds will not be shared among any other server we have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Can't search applications from dashboard now.

Pages have been added on the applications screen, no way to view all, no way to search by name. What was a .05 short cut to search by application name is now gone, now it only searches what is on the page. What was quick is now very time consuming. Now need to click through page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page by page…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base