Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

I suggest you should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

In the console we should have a file manager, so we shouldn't have to use clients (like Filezilla) for fpt.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Uninstall New Relic option on Settings & Packages >> Packages

I would like to kindly suggest an option on "Settings & Packages --> Packages" to "Uninstall New Relic" from our servers, and this would automatically remove all those NR scripts on that server.

I keep wondering how much Live Chat & Tickets it could save to Cloudways! This would save so many resources!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Resource limitation control per application (disk space, bandwidth limit, CPU cores)

Adding limitations per application would be a great help so we can offer our clients a specific number on

disk space
    bandwidth limit
    CPU cores
    and etc.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Please add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup

Please Add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup so that we can input why was a backup created at this time and which one to chose when restoring from backup.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Control Panel Option to Clear Swap Memory

Sometimes you run in to an issue where you "run out of memory" when upgrading modules or magento. You can force unlimited memory with composer or php, but the system only has so much swap and physical RAM. Often times, clearing the swap mem is enough to allow the command to run successfully. Since this can only be done with root access, it would be great to have this feature added in to the control panel so we do not have to contact chat support to do this every time.

Yes, upgrading the server is the solution, but when in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use Rsync to tremendously speed up staging site push/pulls

The tool is already installed! It just needs to be used when pushing/pulling.

Rsync is a command that only copies unidentical files between two servers. It was created exactly for situations such as pushing or pulling from/to a staging site. If Cloudways where to take advantage of rsync, push/pulls would be much faster.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Backup Process Improvement

Hello Team,

As of now there's only one full backup / restore option (Server Management > Backups > Take Backup Now)

Can you please provide some option where the user can take backup as per their requirement, Sometime developer just want to take a backup of the database or hosting files not both all the time.

If you're providing some option where the user can take backup/restore accordingly as of now if we're taking full backup and restoring the full backup it's super time consuming for the bigger websites while they just want to take database backup.

Suggested Backup Process

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. New Staging - Selected Tables only, specific option for Woocommerce

The new staging push/pull for selected tables is a great step forward, but with Woocommerce there are many entries into wpposts post meta etc which are all required, but if editing a store, we may not want to push all of wpposts and only woo orders or products. A custom query should fix this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. allow ed25519 ssh keys

hi, please allow addition of ed25519 ssh keys

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. improve error log report

hello guys
    thanks for this amazing hosting service
    i really need a better a log report
    remove unnecessary warnings, or fix filters and include a clear log option
    kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Search by domain

In the search server or application field, please add also by domain. So we can easily find applications that have specific domains pointing to there.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change admin email (even in the UI)

Hello,

please add the possibility to change the email address of the admin account, even in the Cloudways UI.

Thank you!

Best Regards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. htpasswd auth URL protection from cloudways

htpasswd auth URL protection from cloudways

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Need api to check, domain is mapped or not

Need api to check, domain is mapped or not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More Cloudways Bot Notifications Options and Subscribe Options

Cloudways Bot doesn't currently notify us about server RAM usage spikes, etc. Turn it into a subscription service and let us choose which stats/events to monitor.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Git deploy with submodules

If there are any submodules in the main repository, it could be possible to pull them all.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Group permissions for Teams

Group Permissions

Feature Request: Under the Team settings, I'd like to have a Group where I can set permission for the group of people instead of per person.

This would make it easy to bring on new team members and add them to a group in Cloudways.

For example, I might have an "Admin" group where I've allowed access to billing. And I would also have a "Developers" group that gives access to the console and support, but not billing.

I hope that explains the feature well. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Cloudways should have a control panel with file manager . file updates should not be limited to FTPs or SFTPs

FTPs are very slow .it is more convenient to have a file manager which most hosting platforms do. There we can upload large zipped files with convenience.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 10 11
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base