Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Virtual Windows Servers, Windows Apps with Sql Server add-on

It woult be great if you could implement and offer that kind of solutions. I know that Vultr offefrs Windows solutions

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. backup notes

It will good to add simple notes for backups. So we can see restore points with notes. We can only see dates. If we can see the notes it will be better to recognize which restore point is for what.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mention Green Hosting on Cloudways website

You could mention on your site, when choosing the provider, which of them are offering "green hosting". I.e. use wind/solar/water powered data centers, and adopt other green practices. Especially given that you are one of the rare that I could find, that allowed me to select Google Servers, who have 100% sustainable energy (and not wood burning either) on their servers.

Maybe it would also help the non-technical people to have some of the terms (when creating the server and launching it) translated to more "human-readable" -format. I could imagine some environmentally conscious people would be then choosing your service…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Horizontal scaling

Scale by adding more machines into your pool of resources

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make pricing more transparent (and understandable)

I'm not asking you to be the cheapest but make it clear how your pricing works. My specific issue is with the way Google Cloud instances are marked up. The highlighted instance has what seems a reasonable 30% margin whereas a larger instance ends up 255% more expensive than Google Cloud itself.

Server Pilot (i know, not quite the same) have a fixed $ fee per server you maintain with them. This makes sense as if you were pricing based on 'effort', there's no additional effort for you should I choose to use a higher spec'd VM.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Shell script for migrating via Terminal

Can you provide a cPanel > Cloudways SSH script that we can run in the terminal and change the parameters for each site (we used one similar once to migrate 30+ sites from Plesk to Virtualmin). It's simple to use once you have copied and pasted the settings for each migration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Enable subdomains for apps using backend and frontend with same DB

Enable the possibility to create esily subdomains for alternate access to the app. For example myapp.com and backend.myapp.com.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Multi-tier (more than one server for my application, load balancer, web servers, database server...)

I would love to have the option of setting up a multi-server application for more targeted and cost effective scaling. For instance, Say I could create a Wordpress site with a dedicated DB server, a dedicated load balancer, and a dedicated Web server. As my site grows, I can scale the specific part that is needed. If my site is gets a lot of views (reads), but doesn't make many writes, scaling my existing web server (or adding another instance) may be what's needed. If I'm running a WooCommerce site and start pushing the limits of my db server, increasing…

412 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  70 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow to install webmin

Allow to install Webmin in any server or have by default with any application

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mailbox server

NEed incoming and outgoing mail box server softwares like webmail, horde at application & server levels. Rackspace is expensive as we work with more employees in an organization.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Let me backup to my own storage

Cloudways is shaping up as a potentially good option for me however I need to be able to backup to my own storage in the event something goes wrong with Cloudways.

It would be ideal to choose between Cloudways own backup option and my own using S3/Google nearline etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Create a vagrant file so we can replicate the server locally

Not sure if this should go in stacks or server settings.

Anyway for us developers it would be really good to be able to use a vagrant file to spin up a local copy of your server with settings so we can build on the exact same platform as live.

Vagrant is a quick and easy way to share virtual machines, and would allow developers to develop tools on a platform which matches live.

28 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Paul. Would a docker image suit the same needs?. Assume so. We are leaning towards it for the exact same problem you mention.

Cloudways Team

13. Add Amazon S3 Support for remote backup management

We have many offline servers and would like to do some scheduled backups to something like an Amazon S3 drive.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Different payment options - per server

For example - Server 1 I pay with Paypal, Server 2 - I pay with corporate card.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Billing in GBP

It would be useful to be able to select GBP as a currency to pay my bill. I'm sure other Cloudways customers would like the option to pay in their local currency also.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Faster cloning of app/server | Instant Cloning | Instant Provisioning

We have a rather large application in which constant development happens. For this purpose we at multiple times have to create multiple clones of the live app for people to work on.

Because of the server size we have, it takes about 30 to 45 minutes to clone one app.

We always tend to do this cloning during neck of the moment and this delay is such a pain.

It would be great if we have something like instant cloning where you get the clone in few seconds instead of an hour.

Any thoughts / suggestions are appreciated.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include Cloudways DNS

Having a DNS is very important, as redirecting from CNAME hurts SEO. It's a very basic feature, and must be included.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add PDF invoice to billing notifications

I think it would be great if you could attach a PDF copy of the monthly invoices to the billing notification e-mails.

Currently when we receive a billing notification, we have to login to our account with two-factor just get a copy for out accounting department.

This is really a needless waste of time for all customers who need the invoice - every month!

I think this suggesting should be easy and quick to implement, and would be a benefit to all customers.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Best Share Market Course

The Exchange may prohibit the sale of stock chunks, or limit the scale and timing of all sales, but this is clearly not a free market price is determined by supply and demand. Therefore, their participation in sales by withholding knowledge and access, such as the three board market, to maintain the illusion of a free market from the public.
    For more info visit: http://www.algowireacademy.com/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base