When trying to PUSH/PULL selected database tables from staging, list tables in single-column non-iframed list
When choosing only selected database tables to PUSH or PULL from staging to live website it is VERY difficult to both read or find the tables because of you choice of layout. I'm numbering things so replies can reference each point.
- Tables are listed in four columns
- Tables are inside a quite small iframe that forces us to scroll around 6 pages in length... it's like only being allowed to look through a peephole at large document.
- Table names are truncated with an ellipsis (...) if they don't fit in the width of the column and for me that's about half of my tables. This means that I have to hover my mouse over every one of these cells to figure out what the actual full table name is, a very slow process.
- Since tables are in columns it makes it very difficult to find things alphabetically, especially since many of the table names are even fully visible because of truncation (see problem 3).
- Use a single full-with column to list tables so names can easily be found alphabetically and without truncation.
- Database tables should not be listed within an iframe if at all possible. If you insist on using an iframe then make it like 2000px tall or dynamic height if possible so we can see more than a few table names at once... very hard to use.