Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add mysql default encoding to server settings

Not sure if it's a bug in the installation script or a feature, but, currently the default charechter encoding is set to NL (if I remember correctly)
    It should be set to utf8 general

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

4 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Support to change the Document-Root of an Application (custom web root)

Allot of modern PHP-Application have several Web-Dir (for example Symfony, Neos etc.) So it should be possible to change the Document-Root on the PHP-Stack. Allow Symlinks as Document-Root would be also great so its possible to deploy applications via capistrano.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now live and you can find it in the Application Tab under the rename application folder option.

We are creating a KB for this.

Cloudways Team

3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. No Flash in the Control Panel

The click'n'go control panel is very slick. It would be more usable without Flash for the "show password" bits. On a MacBook with Flash disabled, getting to copy the password involves looking at the HTML code of the control panel page.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Avail axel command

Please activate axel command as it is much more faster then wget for data migration.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I was very surprised to find that wildcard SSL certs are not supported with Click&Go, please consider adding support for this.

It is common practice to protect sub domains of a site with a wildcard SSL cert so when I discovered an error was thrown when trying to create a CRT I was disappointed when everything else about Cloudways so far has been excellent.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is now live. You can find the Server Setting option when clicking Manage Server in your account. We will be adding additional parameters that can be controlled from UI to this section.

Feel free to suggest new parameters you want to be able to set, here in the Suggestions page.

Cloudways Team

8. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Laravel Hosting Needs update from 5.3 to 5.4 .Please do it ASAP

Laravel has released it new version (5.4) . As a leading laravel hosting player cloudways need to update it as quick as possible

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Provide a way to edit/remove Let's Encrypt from application

Currently there is no way to make a change to the installed certificate so it is not possible to change the domain once a cert has been installed. The only resolution available presently is to migrate to a new application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Better wording for Delete Primary Domain under Domain Management

This is a suggestion for better wording when you click on the Delete button of a primary domain that has been set.

The pop up window text says: "Are you sure you want to delete Application Primary Domain?"

This can be confused to think you might delete the applications itself. Wording such as: "Are you should you would like to delete this primary domain assigned to the application?" would be more specific.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add "favourites" feature for applications

Allow a "favourite application" section, maybe on initial dashboard after login?

Added via a star icon on the application detail screen, and can be removed from favourites on the favourites list, and application detail screen.

So similar to the "ellipsis-hover" list as in you can link directly to apps, but you can set which you'd like to show.

Would be handy when working on a specific pair of projects and need "quick access" to their application pages (rather than multiple clicks - manage server > application management > click list > select list item).

Hope I've explained clear enough :-)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow OPCache Settings

Allow OPCache Settings to be managed by us. I've tried to do it so via php.ini and .htaccess directives, but neither has worked with some few values.

Also it's kind of annoying to have to talk to the support team everytime I need something to be changed.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. add elasticsearch service to auto-restart

Our elastic search service stopped for whatever reason and had to be restarted manually. This makes it quite unreliable because when it does happen it can only be restarted manually. Service should auto-restart like all other services.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can already control post_max_size via the “Upload Size” item that you have in Server Settings.

This sets to whatever value you define the following parameters:

php
    upload_max_filesize
    post_max_size

nginx
    client_max_body_size

Cloudways Team

17. Change Mysql timezone for entire server

I am from Mexico and my company uses default timstamp in all our tables and we have a lot of POS installed that required exact datetime from my country

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Permit restores when free disk space is available !

Today i've facing a BIG problem :

• I have a DO 2GB Server with 40GB disk

• My apps (total) take about 20GB of disk (50%)

• One of my apps take about 5MB

• I can't restore that app (or any other app) as i have "no free available disk space" ??

After contacting the support they told me that "Yes, if all your applications size is 20 GB, then you need more then 20GB of free disk space as system count total size of all the hosted applications, not the single app."

So, with about 20GB of free disk space, we…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Menu link to https://support.cloudways.com 24/7 support from Application Console

It's super annoying that when you're in the application console, you have to click Member Area, then click 24/7 Support to get to https://support.cloudways.com. I have them bookmarked now, but it would be nice to get from one to the other. I don't spend much, if any time in the members area. The main 2 places I use Application Console & Support. It would be so nice to be able to get from one to the other quickly.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Longer, more secure auto-generated passwords

The passwords that CloudWays auto-generates are short, and all lower case letters. These are a hacker's dream, and a webmaster's nightmare! Please, please, please make them longer (much longer), and add upper-case letters, numbers, and special characters to the mix! Also provide a script or tool to quickly generate new ones and apply it to existing applications, including for both the database and the SSH access! This is imperative if you don't want your clients getting hacked and giving you a bad name.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base