Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Specify time of day for backups

It would be nice to be able to specify a general time of day for backups to be made. Something like morning, noon, night. Of course to be able to pick the exact hour would be even better.

Right now backups are being made around 9pm local time on my server and that is making things very slow whenever I work in the admin area of wordpress, which is around 9pm in the evening.

Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have a client login feature for a single application

At the moment additional users have access to the whole server and all apps. It would be nice to allow clients to have access to only their application so they can manage the db, cron jobs etc.

We are moving sites from cPanel and some of the more techie clients expect this.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make information about current payment details available or more easy to find.

I can't find any details about how our bills are currently being paid, e.g. details about credit card or bank transfers that have happened/are happening. It should really be either displayed or linked from the Billing page or the Info Details page.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add dashboard for applications

We have a console for Servers, where we can list all of our servers, enter each one and see the list of Applications on that server (by hitting application management and then viewing the drop-down list)

I'd like a console for viewing all applications, independent of server, so we could find a specific site without having to trudge through each server screen.

It'd simply act as a list of shortcuts directly into the Application Management screen for each.

At the end of the day, we only care about our Applications, that we need servers to host them is incidental, ideally…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Let two-factor authentication remember your computer for 30 days

Glad to have two-factor authentication, but it's a huge hassle to use every time I have to log in -- especially since the system automatically logs me out after such a short period of inactivity (an hour maybe?).

Please add a "Remember this computer for 30 days" option -- the exact same way Google does it -- so that we only have to do the two-factor auth (on a known computer) once a month.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ignore/Strip Cookies for Varnish

Our WordPress setup sets multiple cookies (from WordPress itself, Google Analytics, CloudFlare, and Third-Party Ad Networks), so every page request after the first will have cookies in the request headers. Because of those headers, Varnish considers it a "Miss" in the cache and passes through to the back end.

We need a way to be able to tell Varnish which cookies to strip for the sake of caching; on our previous dedicated server setup, we simply stripped the Google Analytics and WordPress (non-login) cookies, and that increased caching significantly.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Two factor authentication

Would love for the option of two step authentication when logging into your site using Google Authenticator or Authy.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Push and Pull Individual Tables and Folders between staging and live environment

Hello team, pushing and pulling individual tables and folders between staging and the live environment is better compared to transferring the entire database or files. Because in Woocommerce, pushing the database might lead to loss of orders made in between.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Bills to be sent via Email

Some time ago the billing process used to be that bills were sent via email each month and we would forward these by a rule to our finance system for OCR input.

Now we need to login with 2FA, download the invoice and email it to our finance system. This process takes roughly 5 minutes vs 0 seconds and is a backwards step from an automated process.

Can we bring back the option to have bills sent via email?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Update Laravel 5.6

Currently, you have laravel 5.5 version as the latest version. But the latest version of Laravel is 5.6 right now.

I would like to suggest you upgrade laravel from 5.5 to 5.6 because currently I am working on 5.6 but your system doesn't support that.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please introduce php 7.2

http://php.net/downloads.php

stabel official version has been released over 10 days ago

its 20% faster than php 7.1

Really looking forward to it.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Wordpress Security

For wordpress security, it is a common practice to move up by one level the wp-config.php file from the publichtml directory. Allowing the very important wp-confog.php file to remain in the publichtml directory is considered unsafe. Presently this is not possible in cloudways. WIll this be allowed by cloudways in the futire?

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Inside of ClicknGo under Vertical Scale: Calculate costs when considering scaling up the server

Get cost estimate when moving slider scale, much like pricing tool on front end website of Cloudways.com

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow choosing between PageCache (Phoenix) and Turpentine (NEXCESS)

The existing Varnish module PageCache has many unsolved issues compared to the highly maintained Turpentine extension. Using Turpentine won't work because it needs custom VCL. It would be great to allow to choose between both solution through Click&Go interface for a better Varnish support.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

For new servers (Debian 8), Turpentine is the default cache extension we use. It is installed by default on base Magento deployments. This KB explains how to install it if you overwrite our base deployment:
    https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-install-and-configure-turpentine-for-magento/

Given the possible issues, we have decided not to automatically update the old Magento deployments (Debian 7). You can migrate your store to a new Debian 8 server if you want to use turpentine (please check all site functionality before taking it live).

Contact support in case of any doubt/question.

Cloudways Team

18. Realtime billing dashboard

It would be very helpful to me to get my realtime billing counter display in the members area under the billing section, so I could evaluate how much cost I will actually pay depending on new services, upgrading services (scaling) or degrading and stopping services.

Now, I have to wait for the end of the month for this.

Google and Amazon give me realtime billing. please see if you can develop similar functionality.

Regards,
    Nadav Kavalerchik

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. When will you support in full Magento 1.9.1.0 with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5 ?

When will you support in full Magento 1.9.1.0 with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5 ? From Magento website: Better site performance and security, now that Magento Community Edition 1.9.1 works with MySQL 5.6 and PHP 5.5. MySQL 5.6 offers merchants improved site speed and scalability, reduced memory usage, and enhanced debugging tools, while PHP 5.5 provides security improvements and ensures merchants have continued access to PHP code updates.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Under Server Settings & Packages section in Server tab, you can now upgrade/downgrade PHP (5.4, 5.5 & 5.6) and upgrade mysql to 5.6.

Cloudways Team

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base