Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. automatic restart when server goes down

I think it's essential that the servers are fixed so that if they go down they automatically restart the server especially on digital ocean + vultr

A few times I've had the site receive a traffic spike out of the ordinary and it pulled my sites down until I manually rebooted it. It should be automatic.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monthly bandwidth on per app basis

It would be great to see what app consumes most of the bandwidth.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Offer Application Migration to make PHP 7 Upgrade Easier

While I'm glad to finally have the ability to upgrade to PHP 7, it's very frustrating and time-consuming to have to clone every application in order to make that happen.

That means new IP addresses, new FTP user accounts, new IP Whitelisting setup, SSL certificate setup, reconfiguring the SMTP mail add-on...and of course, DNS propagation time. What a hassle!!

Please develop an auto-migration tool to move an application (or server) to a new server, rather than clone it, keeping the abovementioned settings intact.

This would also help for Digital Ocean server downgrades -- rather than cloning to a new (smaller)…

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. HSTS (Strict Transport Security)

Hi,

Do you support HSTS (Strict Transport Security) in the future? Maybe it will add more security.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please add support for Microsoft ASP.net

Hello Cloudways Team,
    Recently I built a site on asp.net and when I'm going to buy another server and see that cloudways didn't support ASP.net my heart was broken :( cause cloudways is my first choice for cloud server. Please add support if possible :(

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Create a vagrant file so we can replicate the server locally

Not sure if this should go in stacks or server settings.

Anyway for us developers it would be really good to be able to use a vagrant file to spin up a local copy of your server with settings so we can build on the exact same platform as live.

Vagrant is a quick and easy way to share virtual machines, and would allow developers to develop tools on a platform which matches live.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thanks Paul. Would a docker image suit the same needs?. Assume so. We are leaning towards it for the exact same problem you mention.

Cloudways Team

8. Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add Open Source Ghost Blogging Platform

Ghost is a platform dedicated to one thing: Publishing. It's beautifully designed, completely customisable and completely Open Source. Ghost allows you to write and publish your own blog, giving you the tools to make it easy and even fun to do.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. MySQL 8

MySQL 8 GA was just released recently. There are many improvements versus 5.x and it would be the future.

https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/8.0/en/mysql-nutshell.html

32 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Virus Sanner to find infected malicious files

Hi, I have found my wordpress file corrupted by some malicious code due to which our site is running slow. This code was found in all functin.php files. I was not understanding suddenly why site performance got so much degraded. After checking all file and uninstalling plugin then too i didnt find reason for same. After long research i got to know that some code has been uploaded to function.php file. I haven't reseted file permission so its some server security lack that such code was uploaded. Now i want to scan file to check that no more infacted files…

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Client specific billing for apps or servers

Could you guys add in a client billing feature like they have at https://wpoven.com/?
    You can enter clients attached to applications and bill them monthly through the site control panel. It would be the cherry on top for Cloudways.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow changing Wordpress admin credentials and make default password stronger

Admin Area Access credentials for Wordpress are not correct when cloning a website. This causes confusion on what the correct password is. Also, when adding an application, the default password created for wordpress credentials are rather weak. Would like ability to set more secure password and also change/sync a password with Admin Area Access details so that this information could be shared among admin staff.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add Zoho email provider

I came to know through RackSpce support that they only allow 250 similar mails/day. Per them if our PHP script utilizes their SMTP to send more than 250 mails even though they are of different content, they will be considered spam. ZohoMail has higher limit and economical for our business need.

30 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Accept custom commands for Supervisord

As of now, the supervisord setting in the application setting is only for laravel queue worker. It would be nice if we can add our own custom supervisord configuration setting for other services. I really want to implement websockets into my application. The idea is simple, you allow us to create new supervisord configuration, then we would just paste our desire configuration into a textarea, and there's a button that we can click to restart the supervisord after adding new configuration.

Example:
    [program:websockets]
    command=/usr/bin/php /home/laravel-echo/laravel-websockets/artisan websockets:serve
    numprocs=1
    autostart=true
    autorestart=true
    user=laravel-echo

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Find a replacement for Kyup

Kyup is closing. Please look for an alternate provider with similar specifications.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Free Email or at least Email Forwarding

Not all clients need or want email accounts, especially Rackspace which costs more. We need a "free" alternative like most hosts provide.

Just to be able to forward emails without having to use the domain registrar would be very helpful.

For example a client who pays me the absolute minimum for his one page promotion site won't want to pay for Rackspace email, he just needs a basic email or forwarder to fire emails over to his gmail or work email.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Send Emails When Cron Job Fails To Run

The only way to tell if a cron job has failed is to log in to the console and type mail.

It would be great if these where emailed much like the DenyHosts Messages are.

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow Country Blocking at the Server Level

Please consider allowing us to choose Server access to specific countries at the Server Level. If our WP sites or other applications (even our clients) are selling only within the US, why should we not block access to all other countries trying to access the server. There are so many daily hack attempts from countries outside the US, but even if this were not the case, allowing the user to manage Country Access (perhaps by blocking IP ranges) would greatly reduce the effect of DDOS attacks and also reduce server load from unrelated or unnecessary website visits. Thanks!

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support multiple nodejs versions like v6, v7 and v8

I recommend you use NVM, so that we can install and select whichever version of Node we want. This would also help with permission issues.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base