Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. support magento 2.1

support magento 2.1 with a 2.1 version application installation

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Digital Ocean Block Storage Option

Add support for Digital Ocean's Block Storage add-on. This will allow us to not have to scale entire server for more storage space. This also allows for more options away from the more expensive AWS or Google services for more storage space.

136 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

29 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Support wildcard DNS, so Wordpress Multisite auto create sub domains

As it is now, we have to manually create the sub domains or use sub directories, which isn't the best solution. Personally I don't have time or even want to do this manually, and I guess this is the case for most people that are interested in Multisites.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

As Todd said (in new platform) when using a Custom Certificate, you can just generate a wildcard certificate (*.mydomain.com), that you can use for WP Multisites, or any other needs you have. Wildcard certificates are not yet supported via Let’s Encrypt certificate authority.

Cloudways Team

4. Manage rackspace email accounts from within console

The current option to add mailboxes from Rackspace is extremely limited.
    The only way to order them, is via a small window and is very limited information.
    I have no details at all about current mailboxes, quota usage etc...
    Also, the only way to order mailboxes is by TYPING in the details in the window including the desired password for the mailbox???
    Afterwards, I get a confirmation back from support with the password in the email.
    It's completely unsafe to communicate about passwords this way.

And lastly, there is no control at all about the mailboxes.
    I can't create extra…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alarm on bandwidth Monitoring by email

Having to pay for a bandwidth that will rely on behavior of internet (such as robot attack, malware, what ever intention...) but not being able to stop the expense is not something anyone would sign for, woudl you?

Therefore, having an alarm on bandwith with a threshold set by us is something to consider. Though the monitoring can be done through SSH , alarm must be done by email since none of us are spending they day watching the bandwidth consumption.

I will not sign for the account for this reason. that is total not acceptable interm of business rules…

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  6 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add additional locales

Allow generation of additional locales.

Currently only

• C

• C.UTF-8

• en_US.utf8

• POSIX

are generated on the system.

We need country specific locales for internationalization (e.g. money formats, date formats, etc.)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add Digital Ocean Data Center in the Banglore Region

I received an email with the Bangalore Data center option
    and also checked by logging into digital ocean right now
    also would you be able to give me an estimate as to by when the integration would happen?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions (Oregon, Japan)

Google Cloud Platform adds two new regions, 10 more to come
    https://cloudplatform.googleblog.com/2016/03/announcing-two-new-Cloud-Platform-Regions-and-10-more-to-come_22.html

Will add two new regions to Cloudways? thanks.

Regards,
    Pseric

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  3 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Provide a way to edit/remove Let's Encrypt from application

Currently there is no way to make a change to the installed certificate so it is not possible to change the domain once a cert has been installed. The only resolution available presently is to migrate to a new application.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Google single sign on login to ClicknGo (and new control panel)

You currently offer Linkedin and Github sso, but please allow Google sso. This would be a great feature for Google Apps for business users and even others with a gmail account.

62 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Offer data center in Hongkong

In order to target traffic from China, you must have servers in Hong. Otherwise, customers will face connectivity issues.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. ALLOW a Single Person (and their email) to be a TEAM MEMBER on MORE THAN ONE ACCOUNT

Allow a way for a SINGLE person (and their email) to be associated as a TEAM MEMBER on more than one account.

At the moment, a person would need to create several different emails to be be a TEAM MEMBER on more than one account.

There should be a GENERAL ACCOUNT console (that doesn't require a hosting/server plan.... however it CAN support a purchased plan if desired) that is separate from any TEAM MEMBER access associations.
    On the console you should be able to see all of the accounts you are associated as a TEAM MEMBER on... and access them…

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your patience.

This feature is now live on the Platform. You will now be able to add a team member on more than one account.

We will be happy to hear what you think of this improvement.

Cloudways Team

13. Use Let's Encrypt certificate for Cloudways database manager (8082 port) instead of a self signed cert

Since we all can use Let's Encrypt for free (basic needs), why don't you automatically setup LE cert for database manager rather than using self signed cert which gives browser warnings.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  2 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Possibility to disable xDebug

It is known that in a production environment having xDebug enabled is a performance issue. Having a switch to toggle xDebug would improve most of the production servers where nobody really needs xDebug.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add PHP7 logging on New Relic

Please can you update the New Relic PHP agent to work with PHP7. This is now availabie: https://discuss.newrelic.com/t/php-7-support-is-out/35274

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix Wordfence issue that stops the firewall from working

The latest version of WordFence adds a firewall. This requires that WordFence is able to write to the /wp-content/wplogs directory, but this is owned by the wrong account when created, causing the firewall to throw up an error. The 'Reset Permissions' button doesn't fix this ownership issue either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. EWWW Image Optimizer integration

It would be great if EWWW Image Optimizer plugin would be a part of default WordPress app installation. There is an issue with installing EWWW to an existing WordPres app.

I arelady talk to EWWW developers about that.
    https://wordpress.org/support/topic/cannot-install-jpegtran-optipng-etc-on-cloudways-hosting?replies=26#post-8260174

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have deployed missing packages so EWWW can fully work on top of our platform. We do not have plans to add it as default but now, anyone wanting to use it should have no problems.

Cloudways Team

18. Add multiple domain ssl support for a single application.

I have WordPress MU and I have multiple ssl certificates for the multiple domains but I can't use it within one application, therefore I have to create multiple wordpress instances for the domains.

Very annoying that I can't use WordPress MU with multiple domains with multiple single domain ssl certifications.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We have added a support of SAN in our platform, which will allow you to have a support for multiple domains using single SSL certificate. Having SAN available there won’t be a need of getting separate SSL for multiple domains mapped to a single website.

Moreover, work is already in progress for Let’sEncrypt (freeSSL) to support multiple domains using single SSL.

Cloudways Team

19. Specify time of day for backups

It would be nice to be able to specify a general time of day for backups to be made. Something like morning, noon, night. Of course to be able to pick the exact hour would be even better.

Right now backups are being made around 9pm local time on my server and that is making things very slow whenever I work in the admin area of wordpress, which is around 9pm in the evening.

Thanks

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

completed  ·  0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Give MySQL Workbench access without having to give master credentials

I would like being able to give someone access to a single database throw MySQL Workbench without having to send him the master credentials that could be used to access all the server files throw SFTP.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base