Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us create staging/clones for multiple sites/applications at once

When we perform site care monthly for 100+ sites, having to wait for each staging to build before spinning up staging for another site slows everything down a lot.

I'd love to be able to select multiple applications and initiate creation of a staging or clone at once so I can set up the sites for that day without having to check back in every few minutes to start the next staging site.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Have a Password Protect for any Application just like Staging Applications

Just simply allow the same password protection option from the UI like staging applications have for any application.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Request a ultimate guide on setting up WordPress Multisite on existing site (Subdirectory one)

Request a ultimate guide on setting up WordPress Multisite on existing site (Subdirectory one)

I know there is a subdomain ultimate tutorial
    https://www.cloudways.com/blog/wordpress-multisite/#install-wordpress-on-subdirectory
    However, it uses subdomain as example.

I have searched a lot about setting up the subdirectory multisite on Cloudways, just don't have a great answer.
    Even the support staff from cloudways don't know how to do it. I have asked them twice, they are just unclear about it.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add per-server payment methods

It would be great to have the option to specify payment methods on a per-server basis. This way, I could allow clients to pay for their own server without having to transfer the server to a client account. Most of my clients don't understand, or care to learn, about having their own account. They just want to pay and have me take care of the details.

Ideally, I could establish a default payment method for all servers on my account and then override payment information for individual servers as needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. elastic mail

Give contact status control for elastic mail to alleviate deliverability issues ourselves relating to contact status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Easy SSL Renewal for Cloudways CDN.

Ability to renew Cloudways CDN SSL on the Cloudways dashboard to eliminate the need to contact support every time it is nearing its expiration.

Also, show the number of days left before the SSL certificate of both Let's Encrypt and the Cloudways CDN.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to nickname Team account instead of showing primary account holder's first name

I would like the ability to give an account a nickname as a team member. When I have multiple accounts in my dropdown, they only show the primary account holder's first name. If you have two accounts in there with Mark as the first name, it's confusing.
    https://snipboard.io/IlQ36h.jpg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Generic Bot Protection

While MalCare is a great option for WordPress, I would like a one-click install with some generic bot protection when we're using cms platforms like Concrete5, Laravel or custom PHP apps. Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make "server clone" feature really do that

If I want to downgrade server plan, or move to a different provider, I have to clone the server. But cloudways clone does not clone the server: it selectively copies some of the applications, leaving behind all the staging sites. I typically have two or three staging/dev sites for every application on a server. So a 'clone' operation only moves over 1/3 of the applications! And everything else needs to be done manually. And worse, staging applications cannot be cloned. So we need to recreate every staging site on the new server, then use a migration plugin to move all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a link to http://tickets.cloudways.com/ somewhere in the Console

Add a link to http://tickets.cloudways.com/ somewhere in the Console. There is no way to find this, even with the chatbot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add 'use lower case for domain address' to avoid issues with SSL installation

This will avoid any issue with installing SSL certificates when the domain name is in uppercase anywhere in the console.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. A feature that enables admin to add a member for a specific project or server or application.

It will be great if you introduce a feature that enables admin to add a member for a specific project or server or application. This will help freelancers and small firms giving limited server access to their clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Improvements for Bot Protection

Your documentation about Bot Protection doesn't make sense. It says to add to whitelist click X and to remove from whitelist click the checkmark. Also, in the screens such as Traffic requests, every entry whether in Allowed or Blocked as a green arrow next to it. When hovering above the checkmark it says "Whitelist this IP". That seems backwards, and even more confusion is that these same rules apply for both Allowed and Blocked tabs. I am not even sure what actions to take and I don't want to block or allow an IP accidentally. What would make more sense…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. keep staging environment out of the index

We don't want your staging site appearing in search results, so we suggest to prevent Google from indexing its content. maybe by forcing a new Robots.txt or Blacklist search engines IPs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Generate a random salt key on staging create

Staging site should not break live site because it is a clone. Generate a random salt key on staging create!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Magento 2.4.1 technology stack requirements - URGENT UPDATE REQUEST !!! Elastic Search 7.7

Magento 2.4.1 technology stack requirements -
    URGENT UPDATE REQUEST !!! Elastic Search 7.7
    Need now or site / product search & details broken!

Thanks!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Update Laravel brand logo on the application select

The current logo used by Cloudways for the Laravel application is outdated and was replaced early 2019.

The current Laravel logo can be found at https://github.com/laravel/art

Updating this logo would be awesome and keep in-line with Laravel's current branding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. CE Marking Certification in Egypt

CE Marking Certification is a must for the product to be marketed in the European market, regardless of the location it is manufactured. This product certification demonstrates that the products are complying with the European product safety directives. It improves the customers’ confidence in your products and increases sales as well as the business profit. The CE Marking Certification not only promotes sales in the EEA but also take your business to the international market. Visit https://iasiso-middleeast.com/EG/ce-marking-certification-in-egypt/

0 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Backup of single application disk space rule

I realized from support chat that we can't take local application backup if there is not enough disk space for a server backup. This is so unfair and I'm now stucked on not beeing able to backup.

Example: your server disk usage is 15GB out of 25GB available.

Your app usage is 1GB. You can't take local backup of this app because there isn't enough space to take a backup of the whole server.

That's how it is currently set up, and that's so totally broken. I got really pissed off. + There is no such information in their guide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base