Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. The curl version 7.52.1 is too old.

The curl version is 7.52.1 installed by Vps is about 4.5 years ago. Is it too old to use newer functions or plug-ins?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Elastic Cloud For Everyone

Assign Resources Manually Its Just Simply Not A Job For A Human ,
    This Is A Robot Job , I Can Assure All My Friends Here At Cloudways , Will Be So Happy With This , And Promote Cloudways As The Best VPS Provider Will Be Much More Easier ... Winnings For Everyone ... I Can See The Supermassive Flood Of Users Will Get Here With This New Feature ...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable customers to configure Nginx and apache configuration

It is impossible to efficiently manage request rules only via .htaccess files as these 1. can be modified by plugins 2. don't work recursively properly 3. Directory rules cannot be set on a central location

Especially with the combination setup with Nginx and Apache web server (which I really like) it is hard and inefficient (high workload) to manage.

I would really appreciate if you enable customers to change some configurations (on vhosts level) for both Nginx and Apache.

I have a long ticket discussion to find a secure solution regarding "DIRECT PHP FILES ACCESS" which is unfortunately without a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Duplicate whitelist from server to server

Can we please have the ability to duplicate or copy a servers whitelist to another server.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Give us a lightspeed option for server.

Lightspeed is a very fast system. I would love if you offered it here.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. DigitalOcean NVMe SSD Plans

DigitalOcean has launched NVMe options, Please check here: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

Kindly add Intel & AMD CPU Options to Cloudways that comes with NVMe SSD's

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow me to create my own server config defaults

I have wished for a way to create my own defaults for settings that automatically get propagated to new servers. This would include config options available in:

• Server Management > Settings and Packages (especially Basic, Advanced, and Packages)
    • Application Management > Applications Settings (especially General and PHP FPM config)

It would save time to not have to go manually change all the config on each server but have it automatically create the server with my preferred settings.

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. CDN for Staging Environment

Why we can't have CDN URL for the staging environment?

If you dont support CDN for the staging site how can I test the code & optimize speed before making it live?

All leading managed WP hosting companies have CDN support for staging.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Please add Windows Server Hosted option

It would be nice to have an option to select Cloud Windows Servers. We have a need for that now but will have to look elsewhere. It is nice to keep it all with Cloudways if we had the option.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to define bash aliases for app user

The master user can define bash aliases in .bash_aliases file, but an app user can't do the same, there is no way to define aliases and load them automatically on ssh login
    Would be great to be able to define such bash aliases file for app user!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add "Bot Protection" events to CloudwaysBot so we know if users are being blocked

It would be great to be notified if Bot Protection is blocking users so that we can take action. Currently, I have to manually check and I am concerned as I myself was blocked a few times. Having an event added to your CloudwaysBot seams like an ideal solution for me as I currently have that integrated with a slack channel. Many thanks, Alex

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Enable Autoscaling for servers

It would be great to implement an autoscaling feature that would automatically add additional resources to a server when certain thresholds are met related to RAM or CPU usage.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Fix Database Manager GUI ( Enable table filtering and search fields )

When you click on a database table, you're taken to the Select data tab, which is great. However, the header section is only displaying two fields, neither of which are labeled. All the actual labels and additional fields are missing. This means it's impossible to sort the data, filter, or search for advanced content.

Here are two screenshots, one of what IS visible:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyp2meohkaxlakk/What%20IS%20Visible.png
    and another of what SHOULD BE visible.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/qaycu7qc3h5ux00/What%20SHOULD%20BE%20Visible.png
    Hope that helps explain what I'm talking about.

Clearly, all the form fields are already there, but they're hidden. Looking at the CSS, it looks like there are…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. ioncube for php 7.4

it would be nice to have ioncube for php 7.4 - it is required by many plugins and webaps. Php 7.4 is on the market for over a year now...

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Get VULTR HF engineers to solve scalability problem

Particular to NJ location VULTR HF. When I purchased a 16 GIG VULTR HF, there were options for 32 and 48 available in NJ. But I cannot vertically scale without cloning and moving. I'm not able to vertically scale the VULTR HF. I understand these are VERY popular servers, with good reason, but as I expect my business to grow and traffic increase, it's not efficient to have multiple server when in just a few minutes I should be able to scale. I moved here from SIteground due to stability issues. I don't want to have to clone, or add…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I am waiting for the start of IPV6.

We want to start with IPV6. I don't want to use one server only with one IP. Each website should have own ID. Then the SPAM problem would be minimized strongly.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Running reds versions is 2+ years old

Deployed Redis versions is Redis 5.0.3 (Released Tue Dec 11 18:17:26 CET 2018)

Since the release of 5.0.3. REDIS had 17 updates(!)

When can we see an update?

Thanks,

Ed

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make error reporting in SSL installation more verbose.

I have dozens of domains added to my server, all with Let's encrypt certificates.

Sometimes, I face an issue when I can't add a certificate for a new domain because one of the old ones has got its IP address misconfigured.

Error reporting for these cases, as it is now, is not very descriptive, so I am forced to manually copy-paste all my domains (up to 100 of them) into a DNS lookup tool.

The current error message in such cases look like this:
    Server 4: Please make sure that your domains are pointed correctly to your server IP

Desired…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Server Log

While I was talking to support he mentioned cloudways only save log of 7 days. While doing log server analysis for SEO we need 30 days at least. Can you guys extend it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base