Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Generate a random salt key on staging create

Staging site should not break live site because it is a clone. Generate a random salt key on staging create!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to reorder / change the order of the applications

When you connect to the Cloudways plateform, you go to the Applications section. There, it would be really nice if we could be able to slide up/down the applications, so that we could modify the order of the applications.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Magento 2.4.1 technology stack requirements - URGENT UPDATE REQUEST !!! Elastic Search 7.7

Magento 2.4.1 technology stack requirements -
    URGENT UPDATE REQUEST !!! Elastic Search 7.7
    Need now or site / product search & details broken!

Thanks!!!!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Update Laravel brand logo on the application select

The current logo used by Cloudways for the Laravel application is outdated and was replaced early 2019.

The current Laravel logo can be found at https://github.com/laravel/art

Updating this logo would be awesome and keep in-line with Laravel's current branding.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Backup of single application disk space rule

I realized from support chat that we can't take local application backup if there is not enough disk space for a server backup. This is so unfair and I'm now stucked on not beeing able to backup.

Example: your server disk usage is 15GB out of 25GB available.

Your app usage is 1GB. You can't take local backup of this app because there isn't enough space to take a backup of the whole server.

That's how it is currently set up, and that's so totally broken. I got really pissed off. + There is no such information in their guide…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sorting of rackspace emails

I've got a growing list of domain based email accounts, and I can't manage these in anyway with the Rackspace emails. Whilst the service is great value, I need to be able to see available space per account and at least sort the email address by domain, etc. We're pretty much blind right now

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Delete and or Stop Log files

One endless loop and your sever stops because the server disk space is full as a massive log has just been created. You cannot delete these log files! You have to go to support and get them to delete.
    Please let us turn off logs or and be able to delete them.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. email or sms when your server goes over limit

When an application goes over its allocated limit of CPU/RAM/SDD, an email or text message could be sent to the owner to alert them of the situation. The message could include the details of log files of the offending application or problem so the owner can quickly resolve the problem.
    Thank you!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. mysql 8 version

it's no possible install mysql version 8

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The curl version 7.52.1 is too old.

The curl version is 7.52.1 installed by Vps is about 4.5 years ago. Is it too old to use newer functions or plug-ins?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. inode

Add option to purge inode,
    Right now the only option to do this is just through support.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restore the Drupal on one-click install Please!

Restore the Drupal on one-click install Please!

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drupal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Creat auto-clear cache option for Breeze cache after plugin updates

I have auto updates enabled, and each time the site is broken until breeze cache is cleared. I notice breeze can be auto-cleared on posts and page updates, but is there no script I could add that would allow it to clear on plugin updates?

There have been several security issues recently that have required sites to be updated immediately. Several plugins have had zero day vulnerabilities that require immediate attention. I have too many sites to update manually as quickly as the plugin authors would like.

Enabling auto-updates on plugins is a great solution, but Breeze cache is the…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Provide an SSL badge for Cloudways users to display on their sites. Most SSL companies provide an HTML Coded badge for website users to see.

Provide an SSL badge for Cloudways users to display on their sites. Most SSL companies provide an HTML Coded badge for website users to click on which then opens a security check popup that shows that the site is, in fact, secure at the very moment of use. It's reassuring for users, especially on an e-commerce site, to know they are protected.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Access elastic email dashboard

Need to be able to access Elastic email dashboard to be able to remove or subscribe. Had a major issue where our internal email address was blacklisted/blocked somehow. Had to contact you to take car of it, but only after Elastic email told me what to do...

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow me to clone WP site, automatically offer all WP and FTP login details

Is there a script which can be configured on my server to allow me to clone the WP site, and have it automatically offer a txt file, or a screen which had the following details ready to copy and paste to a developer:

WP URL:
    WP ADMIN URL:
    WP USER:
    WP PASS:
    FTP IP:
    FTP USER:
    FTP PASS:

If I may suggest, adding this as a feature would be a smart way to grow Cloudways user base. More people would create dev sites this way, and more server sources would be demanded.

If I have to go manually copy each…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Accept Ed25519 keys on the Dashboard/Console

Please, consider adapting the Dashboard to allow the adding of Ed25519 keys for SSH sessions.

RSA, the cryptographic method currently in place for SSH sessions, is mathematically breakable, which is why long keys are necessary to keep security; nevertheless, there is always the possibility they could be cracked. Also, for long term protection, RSA keys should now, supposedly, contain at least 15360 bits; of course, this is unrealistic in a real environment, as it decreases performance and increases strain on the communication channels.

I pledge for the usage of Ed25519, considering a mere 256 bit key is enough to guarantee…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Cron job email notification from server

We want cron job notification for each run configured in cron job notification. Currently there is no way to get alert for success or failure. We don't want to configure in our application /programming to get email. Its similar like we have in Cpanel account, that send email to account user email configured.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Chevereto

Chevereto is an Open Source self-hosted image sharing solution. It allows to use the cloud to store photos for all sorts of purposes.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Option to turn off offsite backups

Can you have an option to turn off offsite backups for the server? I love the function, it's just that we need the option to choose. Also this is not stated in the pricing section, so it is kind of misleading and unclear. It is like a hidden cost, which is not good for Cloudways reputation. You can check this on Reddit too, people think that having no option to turn off offsite backup is not good.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base