Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Free malware removal as part of service

Simply free malware removal like a lot of other hosting companies are doing. Not everyone can pay for a good security plugin. It could be only included on certain plans, but it's an important service that everyone would appreciate to some extent.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add Linode Block Storage option

Add Linode Block Storage option for purchasing additional disk space

https://www.linode.com/products/block-storage/

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow Country Blocking at the Server Level

Please consider allowing us to choose Server access to specific countries at the Server Level. If our WP sites or other applications (even our clients) are selling only within the US, why should we not block access to all other countries trying to access the server. There are so many daily hack attempts from countries outside the US, but even if this were not the case, allowing the user to manage Country Access (perhaps by blocking IP ranges) would greatly reduce the effect of DDOS attacks and also reduce server load from unrelated or unnecessary website visits. Thanks!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Configuration option for same site session cookies in PHP.ini

A configuration option for same site session cookies in PHP.ini.Implementation of same site session cookies in PHP servers can avert CSRF attacks.

Applicable to PHP 7.3 and onwards
    See https://www.php.net/manual/en/session.configuration.php (session.cookie_samesite)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Litespeed Web Server For Batter Website Speed and Performance

☛ LiteSpeed reduces hardware costs
    ☛ LiteSpeed Web Server will increase security
    ☛ The LiteSpeed Web Server increases performance
    ☛ You get better results and more profit also Good in SEO

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Client Specific Billing - Allow us to charge clients for App monthly or anually

This feature is a must, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on any attention. I have a server with 25 applications each one for different clients. I have to keep a log of how much each client has to pay every month or year. If we could do this directly in Cloudways it would be great.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. create a drop-down for "SSL ciphers" in the "APPLICATION SETTINGS" below the "TLS VERSIONS" for customers who want only strong SSL ciphers

Customers can get an A+ rating on https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/ if you:
    Add an "SSL ciphers" drop-down for customers that are interested in only using strong SSL ciphers.

You can consider your current ciphers as "default", and add an option for "most secure" that allows customers to select a pre-defined "A+ rated" SSL cipher configuration.

The "SSL Cipher" configuration would go below the existing "TLS VERSIONS" option in the "APPLICATION SETTINGS" > "GENERAL" > "TLS VERSIONS" configuration interface.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup

Please Add Backup Comment option in application backup and server backup so that we can input why was a backup created at this time and which one to chose when restoring from backup.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Xdebug support for PHP 7.3 and 7.4

For debugging Magento 2 stores the Xdebug is invaluable.

Magento 2.4 will only support PHP 7.3 and 7.4.

We need a solution for running Xdebug on newer PHP versions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add a manual option to block/blacklist specific traffic in Bot Protection

It's great that Bot Protection blocks traffic that meets Cloudways' predefined criteria automatically, but there is other "bad" traffic that continues to get through. It would be helpful to be able to manually block specific traffic that is malicious to our apps. Similar to the "whitelist" function already in place, it would be great to have a second option to blacklist them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Include a EU based/owned cloud provider

The current options of infrastructure providers are great, but due to the recent invalidation of the Privacy shield act, some of our clients want providers owned and operated in the EU (not just US-owned companies with data centers in the EU).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow ShipStation IP's WooCommerce Access Through Bot Protection

When we batch orders on ShipStation the callback to the server to change the order status within WooCommerce is not working.

This started happening after Bot Protection was turned on.

I understand we can turn Bot Protection off.

It would just be nice to be protected and to allow ShipStation to change the order status in the application at the same time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Woocommerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Really bad hosting. The only one of 3-4 I have used where I cannot delete useless log files. Will soon move site somewhere else.

Will soon move site somewhere else. Have had 3-4 hostings previously. This is the only one I cannot purge logs - most of them if not all are useless.

My site is new and small using less than 15 mb in files and 2-4 mb in files. But already the 7 gb of the storage is used.

Customer support flagrantly lied when I asked if the 32 GB of storage of vultr high frequency is only for me - for files and db. Apparently NOT LOL. Cloudways is a big liar.

Did not realize before that cloudways is really bad.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block other domains visibility from whois services

Hi, I'd like to suggest a new feature to server owner's security, to block other domains visibility from whois services. at the moment, anyone can go to any whois service (i.e. http://reverseip.domaintools.com) and by typing domain name, or the IP address can check what other domains are hosted on this server. i think, to privacy of users and server owners, this is a lack. it may be just an additional feature, but i'm sure people would love to see this as an option to disable this from public view.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Cyperpanel with OpenLitespeed

Please offer Cyperpanel Konfiguration.
    It is based on OpenLitespeed Server and offers great Features like 1 Click Installs of Wordpress.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add Rackspace Email Plus & Archiving

It's awesome to have Rackspace Email integrated with cloudways and the discounted prices is a bonus! Just surprised to learn that this is a half way integration... No option exists for users to add cloud storage (Rackspace Email Plus) or archiving (Rackspace Add Archiving). Please complete this offering and extend the options to add the other plans at the partner discounted price.

https://www.rackspace.com/email-hosting/webmail/pricing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. phpredis support on laravel hosting. predis is no longer recommended.

phpredis support on laravel hosting. predis is no longer recommended.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bot Protection DISABLED BY DEFAULT in the application

Bot Protection DISABLED BY DEFAULT in the application

I suggest adding an option to start a new app on the server with the application of the Protection bot OFF by DEFAULT.
    If needed, the administrator can activate it later.
    This prevents false positive blocking when the site is being developed.
    We always use the wordfence plugin for wordpress, it works much better than Malcare's Bot protection.

Thanks for listening.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Offer the option to create a new site as a "Staging" site

Currently, new sites cannot be created with the development user/pass UI for adding a username and password to access the site. When you are developing a new site it is important to keep it from being crawled by search engines, so it needs to be behind password protection. right now the only way to accomplish this is to either edit the htaccess file or else install a maintenance plugin.

Specifically, I wanted to create a Staging site from a site that is currently hosted on a server that has an older database. My development server has the latest versions of…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. it would be great if you make it available to limit resources for a specific app

it would be great if you make it available to limit resources for a specific app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base