Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ability to disable Off-site Backup

1) Off-site backup is a paid service. Please allow us to disable it if we want to.

2) What's your reasoning for rounding up backup charges on $0.5 increments?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implementation of OpenLiteSpeed (OLS)

LiteSpeed performs better than nginx: it transfers files faster and uses less CPU and memory.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Control Panel Option to Clear Swap Memory

Sometimes you run in to an issue where you "run out of memory" when upgrading modules or magento. You can force unlimited memory with composer or php, but the system only has so much swap and physical RAM. Often times, clearing the swap mem is enough to allow the command to run successfully. Since this can only be done with root access, it would be great to have this feature added in to the control panel so we do not have to contact chat support to do this every time.

Yes, upgrading the server is the solution, but when in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. SFTP sync is extremely slow, goes 80KB/s please IMPLEMENT WebDav (also Siteground has it)

Sometimes I get really astonished by realizing that Cloudways miss of basic features. Which is the reason?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow restore points to be cloned to staging

Often, I have glitches that creep in to my websites, It would be good to be able to clone a restore point to the staging server so I can see an old version or perhaps get some files back that I have deleted or revert to a css versions from a few days ago. Currently, I have to restore to live (not ideal!!) then make a staging site then revert back to pre restore.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Multisite staging

It would be wonderful to see a high quality staging feature for wordpress multisite with a woocommerce store and WPML on it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Disponibilizar versões atuais do Magento 2

Colocar a nova versão do Magento na criação da aplicação Magento 2. E sempre atualizar de acordo com as atualizações do Magento.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please Do Package and setting customization Could server

I have so many restrictions in Cloudways untill today

No Mysql 5.7

No Root SSH

No Latest Version Update even in Maria DB

No Server Timezone Changes

Please Fix it

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to rename the default application URLS

When you create a new application, it creates a url that is very difficult to remember and difficult to type/send to people (for example https://wordpress-123456-1234567.cloudwaysapps.com/).

It would be extremely useful if we could change this url... to https://my-application-name.cloudwaysapps.com. This would make keeping track of and memorising multiple applications that don't/yet have a unique domain name much easier

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Expose how long different parts of staging site creation take to let us optimize it

We're experiencing very long wait times for staging site creation and would love to know how to speed it up. Some other ideas here, like selective updating of the staging site, could also help, but I thought this idea would also be good for us.

The idea is to log when each part of the process starts — either in something that Cloudways employees can see or that the users can see. Perhaps they could even be added to the Deployment Logs.

Often with processes that take a long time, an app will show progress or at least tell you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Deploy via GitHub Actions

Hi. You should develop a GitHub Action for a better automatic deployment, like Netlify's (https://github.com/marketplace/actions/netlify-deploy) since it's a more reliable way than using webhooks and custom PHP.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Make logging in via SSH a little more convenient

There are two features of logging in via SSH I've grown used to in other servers that I found to be lacking in Cloudways:
    (1.) One is the ability to have some type of private RSA key saved locally so that we don't need to enter a password every time.
    (2.) The other is the ability to specify the path we want to log in to, so we don't always need to land in the root applications directory and then cd into the usually extensive path to a specific site's child theme for instance. In other servers you can sign…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When pulling from live to staging have option to delete any extra file/folder

When pulling from Live to Staging it would be good to have the option to delete any extra files/folders which are already present in staging, but do not appear in Live. This would give the option so that staging is reset and becomes an exact mirror of live. Currently any new files added to staging remain even after a pull from Live.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Easy option to create a subdirectory or subdomain for app

Adding a different section of a website on subdirectory or subdomain is common and healthy.

It is better to use one domain and create subdirectory or subdomain for different projects instead of getting different domains.

There is a need to add an easy way to install app on a subdirectory or subdomain.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. SSH keys should accept eliptic curves - not only RSA

SSH keys should accept eliptic curves - not only RSA
    RSA is old, using too big big length.
    I would like to see possibility to use standard eliptic curves that are used everywhere. For some reason this is still not possible on Cloudways.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Let user provide details of their servers

Many cloud hosting provider provide free credit for some time so let us use our server and charge a fixed price to manage the server and let user add thier server details

or provide user with application like in was or google provide a user with script which they need to run on their server which let you control that server

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Upgrade DigitalOcean Droplets

DigitalOcean has droplets with the same prices and configurations of MEMORY and VCPUS, it could include these plans with new configurations that there is in the amount of $ 15 / mo.

https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

Please upgrade CloudWays DO droplets with newer plans.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Disable memcached

I would like the option to disable Memcached. When you have Redis running, there's no need for memcached to be taking resources. I have seen sometimes it has 4-5 processes running.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base