Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add per-server payment methods

It would be great to have the option to specify payment methods on a per-server basis. This way, I could allow clients to pay for their own server without having to transfer the server to a client account. Most of my clients don't understand, or care to learn, about having their own account. They just want to pay and have me take care of the details.

Ideally, I could establish a default payment method for all servers on my account and then override payment information for individual servers as needed.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow "global" or account-level SSH keys, which are automatically added to every server

Currently, we have to manage SSH keys individually for every server. It would be awesome to be able to add global SSH keys, and then when a new server is created, those SSH keys are automatically installed on every server.

Additionally, it would be nice if when we added a account-level SSH key, it was added to all existing servers.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. elastic mail

Give contact status control for elastic mail to alleviate deliverability issues ourselves relating to contact status.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. local development Tool

Would be great to have a Local Development tool that can push/pull to Cloudway like Local.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easy SSL Renewal for Cloudways CDN.

Ability to renew Cloudways CDN SSL on the Cloudways dashboard to eliminate the need to contact support every time it is nearing its expiration.

Also, show the number of days left before the SSL certificate of both Let's Encrypt and the Cloudways CDN.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to nickname Team account instead of showing primary account holder's first name

I would like the ability to give an account a nickname as a team member. When I have multiple accounts in my dropdown, they only show the primary account holder's first name. If you have two accounts in there with Mark as the first name, it's confusing.
    https://snipboard.io/IlQ36h.jpg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. search filter in selecting branch while deploying a branch on the server

please add search filter while selecting a branch on the application so that it is easy to select a branch which we need to deploy on the server.

i have many branches right now, it is difficult to navigate and search the branch which needs to be deployed

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Generic Bot Protection

While MalCare is a great option for WordPress, I would like a one-click install with some generic bot protection when we're using cms platforms like Concrete5, Laravel or custom PHP apps. Thanks for your consideration.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Redirect after login

We often will hand team members urls to our servers or applications in cloudways, eg: https://platform.cloudways.com/server/999999/access_detail
    If they're not logged in (which is likely due to the short logout-timeout), they have to log in, which brings them to the main page for the account, rather than redirecting to the url they originally went to...

The workflow should be like other sites, eg:
    - go to https://platform.cloudways.com/server/99999/access_detail
    - site redirects you to the login panel
    - after successfully logging in, it redirects you back to https://platform.cloudways.com/server/9999/access_detail

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Website Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make "server clone" feature really do that

If I want to downgrade server plan, or move to a different provider, I have to clone the server. But cloudways clone does not clone the server: it selectively copies some of the applications, leaving behind all the staging sites. I typically have two or three staging/dev sites for every application on a server. So a 'clone' operation only moves over 1/3 of the applications! And everything else needs to be done manually. And worse, staging applications cannot be cloned. So we need to recreate every staging site on the new server, then use a migration plugin to move all…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Domain name registrar, DNS and e-mail

I would like to see an implementation on domain name, e-mail and DNS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a link to http://tickets.cloudways.com/ somewhere in the Console

Add a link to http://tickets.cloudways.com/ somewhere in the Console. There is no way to find this, even with the chatbot

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Payment Methods  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to set our default admin url as most of us shouldn't be using the default "/wp-admin" for security reasons

For Wordpress and Woocommerce apps we change the default "/wp-admin" URL so any bots that get through can't find it. But the admin link in cloudways stays as the default, is there a way we can make this editable? Interested to see if anyone else would benefit from this.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add 'use lower case for domain address' to avoid issues with SSL installation

This will avoid any issue with installing SSL certificates when the domain name is in uppercase anywhere in the console.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. A feature that enables admin to add a member for a specific project or server or application.

It will be great if you introduce a feature that enables admin to add a member for a specific project or server or application. This will help freelancers and small firms giving limited server access to their clients.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improvements for Bot Protection

Your documentation about Bot Protection doesn't make sense. It says to add to whitelist click X and to remove from whitelist click the checkmark. Also, in the screens such as Traffic requests, every entry whether in Allowed or Blocked as a green arrow next to it. When hovering above the checkmark it says "Whitelist this IP". That seems backwards, and even more confusion is that these same rules apply for both Allowed and Blocked tabs. I am not even sure what actions to take and I don't want to block or allow an IP accidentally. What would make more sense…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. keep staging environment out of the index

We don't want your staging site appearing in search results, so we suggest to prevent Google from indexing its content. maybe by forcing a new Robots.txt or Blacklist search engines IPs

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base