Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Permalinks should be set to Post name by default when installing WordPress

Permalinks should be set as Post name as a default. Just like when you are using the local development tool made by local by flywheel which was purchased by WPEngine.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Monitoring info at scale

Hello!
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats1.jpg
    It would be nice if some of these stats could be displayed
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats3.jpg
    in this area when looking at all servers
    i have a bunch of servers now and it would just make my life easier to see some of that info at scale
    and I'd be more likely to upgrade something (more money for you guys) if I can see it all in a list like that
    that's it! Just wanted to pass it along as something to consider down the line! I'd consider it a quality of life improvement for customers with multiple servers :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. We need Storage Option to offload WordPress video, audio, photos, & other uploads to a secondary storage.

Membership sites and Course websites can easily become storage intensive and the current plans you offer do not offer enough storage and are not a good solution for this. In my opinion the current Block Storage solution doesn't make much sense to me. I need to be able to offload video, pictures, audio, and other uploads to a secondary storage solution either hosted by Cloudways or other platforms. It would be nice if Cloudways had an option to purchase a secondary storage option then through a plugin made by you or a third party be able to offload the media…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. We need to be able to upgrade our Rackspace standard email account to Email Plus Account. We need Email Plus account at reduced price.

I need to be able to sync Calendars of my Rackspace email account with outlook. This can only be done with a Rackspace email plus account. Either get this feature added to the standard account or allow an option for people with Rackspace Standard Email account to upgrade to Email Plus Account. Also add option to archive emails. So basically offer all of the Rackspace options on Cloudways for reduced price.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Installer for Gibbon

Add an auto installer for a php app called Gibbon. This is an open source school management system I use on Cloudways and I am able to clone successfully. Gibbonedu.org

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. The email automatically used in WordPress installs should be changeable.

There should be an option to use to enter a secondary email for all the future wordpress installs so your billing email address doesn't get exposed and you don't get a bunch of wordpress emails.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Exclude specific static content/file types from Nginx cache

SUGGESTION: Add Function/Button to SERVER or APP Dashboard to exclude specific static filetypes from being served by the Nginx server / static cache

USE CASE: Membership Websites or Knowledge Management Site have the need of protecting access to specific static content. For example, certain Pdf-documents, Excel-Sheets, etc.

We currently manage access to such files via a Wordpress membership plugin. However the plugin / htaccess gets bypassed by the Nginx cache.

Cloudways support can implement such file exclusions from Nginx literally within seconds. But it seems that their settings/override gets reset at certain intervals (perhaps by server maintenance or restarts.)

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Multiple databases per application

Please, please, allow multiple databases per application.

I think this is a must-have feature. For example, for Drupal sites, this would enable the "multisite" capability. In this configuration, multiple sites share the same Drupal core code and modules. This makes updating Drupal core and modules a snap, as you can update multiple sites in one step.
    Think of a web agency that maintains dozens of Drupal sites - updating one at a time is a lot of work. Drupal doesn't support automatic updates like WordPress but it's rumoured to be available in Drupal 10. The multisite features requires multiple databases…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Drupal  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. DigitalOcean NVMe SSD Plans

DigitalOcean has launched NVMe options, Please check here: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

Kindly add Intel & AMD CPU Options to Cloudways that comes with NVMe SSD's

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Restore an app from backup it's asking me to rollback/delete - The buttons wording is unclear and ambiguous. Need a better explanation.

Restore an app from backup it's asking me to rollback/delete - The buttons' wording is unclear and ambiguous. Need a better explanation on the process and the outcome for each button and choice.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto SSL Renewal with HTTP Basic Auth

Hello,

I have a staging server where HTTP Basic Auth is always on and when I have SSL Cert Auto-Renewal ON as well it does not function how it should. Every time my cert expires I need to go in and disable Basic Auth and renew the cert manually.

Please have the auto-renewal process check if basic auth is enabled and temporarily disable before pulling the cert renewal. Super easy to implement this check.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Security

Hi there,

I recently learned about the login lock feature at BigScoots.

The Login Lock feature allows for an extra layer of login security on the WP admin dashboard. You can read more about it at the link below:

https://blog.bigscoots.com/wordpress-optimized-portal-wpo/#admin-security-lock

Will Cloudways be releasing something similar soon? It would be great to have an extra layer of login security available for our sites.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. When trying to PUSH/PULL selected database tables from staging, list tables in single-column non-iframed list

When choosing only selected database tables to PUSH or PULL from staging to live website it is VERY difficult to both read or find the tables because of you choice of layout. I'm numbering things so replies can reference each point.

PROBLEMS

1. Tables are listed in four columns
    2. Tables are inside a quite small iframe that forces us to scroll around 6 pages in length... it's like only being allowed to look through a peephole at large document.
    3. Table names are truncated with an ellipsis (...) if they don't fit in the width of the column and for me that's…
    1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Breez cache plugin - Feature to clear a specific page

This is about the "Breeze" cache plugin for Wordpress, which is by the way amazing!

There is just one thing that is really annoying, that most of other cache plugin do. There is no option to purge the cache only for a specific page. With other cache plugin, it's possible to do it from the Wordpress bar at the top of the page and that's great to force refreshing a page for users, without having to delete the whole cache, thus slowing down the whole website for users during some time.

Thank you for the great work and best regards,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Sandbox Add-on

Would be great a Sandbox feature integrated in cloudways Add-ons for Wordpress installation, including domain management.

This way to automate business model for and client support.

Regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. offer dash ability to enable/disable STRICT mode in MySQL

Cannot clone a multisite (maybe single site too) on MariaDB10.3 or newer unless STRICT mode is disabled. However, this compromises security. Thus, every time I need to clone I must have you/Cloudways disable it and the re-enable it after I'm done. This is not ideal for either of us. Please add this to server setting settings & packages. Thanks.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make sure the cloudways bot is not advertising upgrade service for Magento 2.3 to 2.4 if it is not available

The cloudways bot sent me this email yesterday but then when I tried to upgrade from Magento 2.3 to 2.4 with the $250 upgrade service I was informed that it is no longer supported. Here is the email:

"Hi there,

I, the CloudwaysBot, am here to inform you about an important message regarding your Cloudways server.

The version of Magento installed for your application is not up-to-date. There is a new version available. It is advisable to update to the latest version. If you prefer, you can request a managed application upgrade via the upgrade addon.

Feel free to get…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make the free trial OPTIONAL for new signups

The free trial is at best silly and at worst a very easy mistake to make me and you look bad. I've had numerous clients sign up for Cloudways, take the mandatory 3 day free trial (a useless amount of time for a free trial, IMO) and then freak out when their site goes down 3 days later because they didn't manually upgrade to a paid site. NOBODY EVER wants a 3 day free trial, they just want to sign up for an account and be done with it, so why is this mandatary? Please, at the very least, make…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base