Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please enable NPM in SSH when we are using application SSH user

Currently, application SSH user does not have such permissions to run NPM via ssh. But this feature should be available
    Please enable NPM in SSH when we are using application SSH user

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improve cloning process

On cloning an application, optionally allow me to specify the target url and a checkbox to specify that I want an SSL certificate installed.

This would greatly help improve the process to get that cloned server up and running much quicker.

Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Install libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) on all servers by default

libsodium (a.k.a. sodium) is a PHP PECL library for secure encryption in PHP. As of PHP 7.2, libsodium will be included as a core library in PHP.

It would be helpful for those of us building secure PHP applications to have access to this library now instead of waiting for PHP 7.2. This will enable us to use encryption methods that will be good for many years to come instead of being deprecated as mcrypt is now.

Note that there is a polyfill that can be used until PHP 7.2 if libsodium isn't installed, but it is not nearly as…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Load Data Local Infile enabled for MySQL

I run an e-commerce site that imports data feeds from our suppliers. However our import addon can't work as it requires Load Data Local Infile enabled for MySQL.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Force Varnish cache when HTTP Authentication is enabled

For development reasons we protect our application with HTTP AUTH

After user has been authenticated varnish is not caching the request because of the authorization header always being sent (see default.vcl).

Add "unset req.http.Authorization" after auth check on vcl_recv to force caching.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. lightspeed server stack

Please add Lightspeed as server stack option, optimized with Wordpress Lightspeed cache plugin, to have fastest server today.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. mailparse php extension

looking to add mailparse to PHP stack - want to use uvDesk (https://www.uvdesk.com/en/opensource/) that requires this extension

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unlimited storage option.

Block Storage (Digital Ocean, Vultr) or Buckets (GCP) with an unlimited storage option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Autosuggest endpoint for Elasticpress

Hi I love Elsticsearch on Cloudways. But I miss the option to create a safe end point for the Elsticpress plugin.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Switch to AWS t3a.small servers in place of the old t2.small servers for your $36.50/month Managed AWS packages

The t3a family of servers upgrade the old t2 family of servers. The t3a family is cheaper to run yet more powerful, so you'll save money and your clients will get an even better product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Show maintanance page while the server upgrade is in process

The server upgrade takes somewhere between 10-15 minutes and during the upgrade, visitors can't access the website. They see a 503 error.

I think Cloudways should show a maintenance page while the server upgrade is in the process.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Include a back-up estimate so we can tell what to expect on our bill. Have a bill est. that shows server cost(s) plus backups on each serve

Include a back-up estimate so we can tell what to expect on our bill. Have a bill est. that shows server cost(s) plus backups on each server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Nginx location directives

I would like to have seperate settings per location in my nginx configuration. Currently I cannot access the "server.nginx" configuration file in my application (which I assume to be the site configuration).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Preserving IP address when cloning server - making scaling down hassle-free

Scaling up is easy.

Scaling down (with Vultr, DigitalOcean or Linode) requires to clone a server.

When cloning, server gets new IP address - this causes a lot of hassle with application integration or DNS configuration.

SUGGESTION:
    It would be great to make scaling down hassle-free, so that after cloning server could have the same IP as previous server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add Database Server like RDS for multi server applications.

Multi-server applications are very common these days.
    Example: Application files on one server and Database on another server like RDS.
    We need such option to put our large applications onto it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. What a joke on the TRIAL

Trial, 2GB Ram, 50GB disk space, and 25GB bandwidth!!! I downloaded 35GB files, and I deleted, and downloaded 10GB files again, extracted, and the server was turned OFF "allowed bandwidth exceeded"!!!!!

Is this not funny and 'technical joke'?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Suggestion: Add 'mailhog' service to servers

https://github.com/mailhog/MailHog
    MailHog is very handy if it comes to development. It catches every sent mails and shows them on a web interface.

It would be nice if one could enable/disable MailHog like other services for development purposes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base