Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Remove 3 character minimum from application and project names

In our case we often use 2 letter client codes for project names (e.g. AB) and it becomes a problem when naming projects and apps. Even reducing to a 2 character minimum would be ideal.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Cloudways Platform Faster

Your competitor dashboard loads quickly. Don't get left behind!
    Please make your website faster. Here's the report http://webpagetest.org/result/190509CW5c95227f142c77b7ebc525f2a42e6983/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Apps List Should Show Actual App Name as Server Sees It

Basically when I run htop on the server my aliased app name is not going to show, but the actuall server app name... i.e. qgvzzgjjzt vs ApplicationName.

So in the screen where you list apps -
    https://platform.cloudways.com/apps

it would be good to have the list also show the non-aliased app name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Account activity log

I would like to see an account activity log. This could hold information including date and times, details of the activity, reference names used for - creating, modifying and deleting servers
    - creating, modifying and deleting applications
    - any activity that results in a cost to the billing account

I see this feature as useful for general reference but also for reconciling account invoices.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Allow sorting by usage within new disk quota report

The new Disk Usage Per Application report is great, but it's missing an obvious feature to allow this list to be sorted by usage.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Don't update domain names in my database without asking first.

I recently changed my domain name from example.com to www.example.com using the Domain Management settings, and unfortunately every email address in my WordPress database changed from name@example.com to name@www.example.com. I'm perfectly capable of running my own search/replace on the database if necessary, but I get that not everyone can, so this isn't a terrible feature. But it would be great to add a couple of checkbox options: [ ] Update instances of domain name in database? [ ] Update email addresses as well?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. better monitoring dashboard

Better/easier Server monitor dashboard.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Option to add team members without credit card details

When any user creates a company account,
    It will be great if you provide a feature to add team members using their email address and without CC. Because it is hard for a company to manage payment details and billing for all team members account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow clicking on the SERVERS and APPLICATIONS text

And not just the switch, that way improving usability.

Or remove it completely, as Servers and Applications are in the top menu, and seem to do the exact same thing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. backup frequency

I wanted to suggest giving the possibility to establish a differentiated backup policy, by application: as many web agencies we have sites on which we are working and which should have a very high backup frequency in the short term and a low retention and others already online that need a frequency much lower but greater retention

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. user agent rules

I want to add user-agent rules in varnish cache. Because magento 2.0 have user-agent store view

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. billing history to be able to filter by project or server

Filter billing history by server or project

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Require application names to be unique

I found out today that you can have several applications with the exact same name. This can be confusing, and I suggest that it should check this before creating a new application, requiring application names to be unique.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Easier access to support

Put a Support button directly on the console screen (where it says Servers Applications Team etc). There's currently no easy way to navigate to Support from that view.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Make it easier to switch views

Can you please make it so that I can click on the words "SERVERS" and "APPLICATIONS" to switch, instead of only on the tiny actual switch?

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Link to support tickets

To save a couple steps, please add a link directly to our support tickets from the console, preferably opened in a new tab. Then we don't have to navigate to the support domain and click on Submit a Ticket.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow users other than master to run composer install / update

Running composer install using application credentials rather than master credentials gives an error.

It's important to be able to use application credentials for deployment processes so they are isolated between applications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Control panel change

For convenience; I would like to change the password and user name shown under ACCESS DETAILS - > ADMIN PANEL; to match my old account details. This is so that when I log into Cloudways, I can quickly navigate between Apps and websites without having to rely on browsers to store passwords for admin panels. This is why I was originally attracted to cloudways, but then realised after migrating that i had to use other logins.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base