Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option to password protect application

Hey, I can't believe I have to say it but this is kind of a basic feature of any hosting solution. This is a small but extremely essential feature so please add it to the console. We should be able to password protect an application on live and staging sites.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide Birds Eye Resource Usage

It's great to be able to see resource usage/monitoring by server now, but it'd be even more helpful if we could see a birds eye view of CPU usage on the servers list page to be able to more quickly identify recent spikes or surges without having to always click through into the server.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to view cron logs on demand via FTP or Cloudways Platform UI

Saves time as admins do not need to request information to confirm whether cron ran.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make Cloudways Platform Faster

Your competitor dashboard loads quickly. Don't get left behind!
    Please make your website faster. Here's the report http://webpagetest.org/result/190509_CW_5c95227f142c77b7ebc525f2a42e6983/

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Purge old log files from server in one click

Old log files take a lot of disk space. It would be great if we can remove all old log files from the Control Panel.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Option to select data center

It will be great if you can provide an option to select a data center. like, DO provides 3 data centers in NY. if the user wants to create a server if Digital Ocean ' NY-C1'. There is an option for the region only NY.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Root mysql user per server

Add the ability to access mysql databases on server level next to application level. Sometimes it could be handy to access all databases on the server from one administration application, instead based on per application

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Link to support tickets

To save a couple steps, please add a link directly to our support tickets from the console, preferably opened in a new tab. Then we don't have to navigate to the support domain and click on Submit a Ticket.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Exclusions for New Relic Browser Monitoring / RUM for AMP pages

New Relic injects its Javascript for RUM / Browser monitoring on all pages in an application. That includes /amp pages (thats Googles mobile friendly fast loading pages). When New Relic is on, it adds Javascript to every page - but Google does not allow Javascript on AMP pages

I see its possible to disable New Relic when using PHP implementation, would be great if you guys looked at how its implemented on your platform and allowed exclusions for WordPress AMP. (This might be a problem with Facebook Instant Articles as well?).

Turning off the browser monitoring (in New Relic ->…

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The ability to set up client hosting accounts directly from within our own account.

The ability to set up client hosting accounts directly from within our own account and have them linked to have direct access without having to log out, log into the other account, set up migrations, etc

This would save the 2 week free trial that my clients don't need. They are only using you because I am suggesting/making them so they don't need anything free. You make more money and it makes our life easier and saves us time.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Database panel - improvements

I think database panel need really improvements.
    I would like to see in database basic columns as ROWS and SIZE of table.
    Also collation does not work properly even if I can change it on clickngo panel. It does not change collation for existing tables.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Domain name registrar, DNS and e-mail

I would like to see an implementation on domain name, e-mail and DNS.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Client Specific Billing - Allow us to charge clients for App monthly or anually

This feature is a must, I'm surprised it hasn't caught on any attention. I have a server with 25 applications each one for different clients. I have to keep a log of how much each client has to pay every month or year. If we could do this directly in Cloudways it would be great.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. New Staging - Selected Tables only, specific option for Woocommerce

The new staging push/pull for selected tables is a great step forward, but with Woocommerce there are many entries into wpposts post meta etc which are all required, but if editing a store, we may not want to push all of wpposts and only woo orders or products. A custom query should fix this?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Admin Details Updated on Frontend

Hello,

please show the admin details updated on console frontend, with the possibility to change them directly on console instead on database.

Thank you.

Best Regards.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Manage Environment variables for secret values via Interface

Manage Environment variables via interface like Elasticbeanstalk, Heroku, ... so they don't go into version control

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Simpler sign-in with Google

At the moment Google sign-in is there and works, but can be improved for a smoother dashboard experience. There are 2 things which can be improved upon:

• the session doesn't last after the CloudWays browser tab is closed. If CloudWays got a oauth token from Google platform, it should keep the session until the token is revoked or manual log out
    • using too many permissions. At sign-in time only the profilebasic and profileemail should be requested, simplifying the login process. When someone tries to use Google Sign-In, they first choose the account, then approve the app (CloudWays), then…
    3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Deploy from git repo subfolder

Right now you can only deploy a full git repo. Users should be allowed to deploy from any folder withing a repo.

For example an app could have a 'src' folder with code and a 'dist' folder with production code. I want to be able to deploy the 'dist' folder only

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. allow users other than master to run composer install / update

Running composer install using application credentials rather than master credentials gives an error.

It's important to be able to use application credentials for deployment processes so they are isolated between applications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add sudo commands

Sudo commands would be very helpful because many people could use them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base