Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Not able to install the server dependencies - php-ssh2 & php5.6-zip

Can you add these "php-ssh2 & php5.6-zip" modules my server now? We are not able to install these by using 'apt-get install' command. It shows error "E: Could not open lock file /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (13: Permission denied)" . Even cloudways support teams are not able to install.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add sudo commands

Sudo commands would be very helpful because many people could use them.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. extend CloudwaysBot messages with domain names or application names when messaging about failed backups or sending similar notifications

It's not helpful to get a message about failed backups when you have multiple applications. Instead, having the message include the domain of the application in which the error occurred would be a huge timesaver.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. SMTP settings at the application level

I would like to set SMTP credentials in a per application basis, that would give us the ability to send emails using a different SMTP account for each application/website.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show in Graph which processes are causing huge spikes on my wordpress website

Just like we have the Task Manager in Windows platform and Activity Monitor on Mac, I would like to see a similar utility in my Cloudways Panel where I can see which processes are causing hugh spikes on my server resources and also I should have the option to force quit them.

I know implementing this option is difficult, but if done it will be an excellent addition to your solutions.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add total memory usage (including buffers/cache) to monitoring tab for autoscaling Kyup servers

Kyup autoscaling triggers from total memory usage (including cache and buffers) however that statistic is not viewable from the Cloudways dashboard. The Free Memory chart reports the available memory +/- buffers and cache.

This causes confusion for users of Kyup, since scaling may occur unexpectedly when comparing to stats in the monitoring tab.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Support Oceandigital DNS

Please add posibility to use Oceandigital DNS in cloudways panel.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable

Add ability to schedule automatic server shutdown/enable.

If i have a server that i know is only required to be used during regular business hours, but i dont want it accessible or paying for it during non-business hours, I'd like to automatically schedule it to go offline and then come back online later.

IE: i want to shut it down every day at 1am and bring it back online at 6am, without having to do it manually.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Chrome on Mac Errors on Forms

Lots of admin area forms dont submit on Chrome on a Mac, for example Settings and Packages gives error:

"settings:1 Form submission failed, as the <SELECT> element named '.display_errors' was implicitly closed by reaching the end of the file. Please add an explicit end tag ('</SELECT>')"

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Granular Billing System with API Integration

Granular Billing System - Cloudways should create an Override Billing Setting on both Applications and Servers, so the Billing Setting for a Server would Override the Main Customer’s Billing Settings. The same way, the Application Billing Setting would Override both Server's and Main Customer’s Billing Settings.

API integration would allow my customers to Hire Servers (or Applications in one of my Servers) directly from my website, and have it deployed at my Cloudways Account. But Billed to each Customer’s Credit Card or PayPal account, via those Override Settings and API.

I really hope you guys (Cloudways) can implement this at…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Better overview - Grid view for applications and servers

In our web agency we sometimes have a little trouble getting a proper overview over the servers and or applications we have on your platform.
    Would it be possible to make a "Grid view" for the applications? Perhaps with a screenshot of the applications like Flywheel does?
    That would give a 10x better overview :D

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. CLI interface

Option to enter a CLI or directory tree view of the server to delete files etc. sftp is slower and messier if I just want to delete a WordPress theme or plugin.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Make it ready - like any other hosting

Server should be ready with domain, email handling, mysql, phpmyAdmin, email client, dns management, this should be ready & easy will save lot of time.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Server some of server logs better to share with user (such as mail log)

it can save time for both side (users and cloudway support)

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add password reset button to Webmail

I suggest you add a button on http://webmail.emailsrvr.com/a/index.php?fail=1 to reset the passwords. Thx.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. notification when installation application is done

It would be nice that the CloudwaysBot also send a notification when a installation is done for a server of a application.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Edits needed for the basic CRON job creation

When you create a new CRON job in the basic view it needs to put single quotes around the URL so it works for URL's with double URL parameters (GET variables), the & (amp) sign is the one who creates issues, i think.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Google SSO login for Team members (only works for the account Owner)

After a conversation with support it seems that Google SSO login only works for the account Owner but not Team Members.

Can you make this work for Team Members too please because currently they think that their account or login isn't working when they expect this to work as it would on any other website.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clone application settings

When you clone an application, you should have an option to clone also:
    - Application credentials
    - Domains
    - Cron Jobs
    - SSL Certificates
    - Application settings
    - CDN settings

At the moment, the Application Cloning process only clones the files+database, with the result that the app is working but then you have to duplicate all those settings manually in the Platform.

80 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base