Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put the Application URL on the front screen.

have 70 websites across 5 servers, its hard to know which are live and which are DEV sites. Putting the URL on the front page would make this much better to manager, I could tell at a glance which was dev vs live. Also, on the link to go to the website from the console, I cannot right click the link and open in a new tab, so this prevents me from keeping my place in my long list of 70 applications

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add tmux to terminal

Would be nice to have a tmux sessions to use one connection to a server. This will become more popular when you add the load balancing some of infrastructures may hide child nodes from internet, but use the internal network instead

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add iowait to the monitoring system for better CPU/HDD Monitoring

iowait tells us how much time the CPU is waiting for the HDD - which would be very useful when identifying the bottleneck on a server so we can better decide what and when to upgrade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow a team member to have SFTP access to multiple applications without requiring to create multiple SFTP accounts

Would like an easy way for the account owner to create SFTP/SSH account (login/password) creation for team members and then assign those accounts to various servers/applications.

Account owner should be able to delete/disable/suspend account, but the team members don't need to setup or activate their own account.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Improve Server/Application Navigation in the new console

In the old platform, it was easy to switch between servers and applications with one click -- there was always the main "Server" dropdown at the top, and then below it, once you switched to the "Application" tab of a given server, you could easily switch between the applications on that server.

In the new console, servers & applications seem to be treated as totally separate entities, and the lack of hierarchy is very confusing and cumbersome to navigate.

Please bring back the double-drop-down system. At the top, ALWAYS have a Server selector AND an Application selector. This will make…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Projects - Bulk Create Projects

Bulk Add and Edit Projects

It would be nice to create many projects at once. Type/copy and paste into a multiline text field, and/or upload a simple .csv to make many projects at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Better Cron hinting

I would like to see better Cron schedule hinting. I was attempting to set up my cron tasks for a Laravel application and I had to resort to getting help from support. I never would have been able to guess the proper directory without help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Monthly bandwidth on per app basis

It would be great to see what app consumes most of the bandwidth.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Make a system to schedule server size changes by time and date.

We increase our server size from small to medium for class times when our students take Moodle quizzes, then we have to reset the server to small for off-peak times. It's a real hassle to do this manually four times per week, so if we could schedule server size changes in advance this would be a big help. I'm sure that many other users would also appreciate being able schedule server size changes for peak usage times.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Slow queries: add an option to enable logs for slow queries

with the option to choose to log in DB or in Files

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Show Varnish authentication key in the console

I followed the below guide for setting up Varnish with Magento and had to ask support for my Varnish Authentication Key.

Could this show in the console or something?

https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-install-and-configure-turpentine-for-magento/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide other PHP log settings or tighter log control

Please provide better control or more PHP logging options (ie turning off warnings). Right now I can't turn off certain debug output that is inconsequential, yet seriously affects my server performance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Force git pull deploys

Be able to force a git pull deploy. When you try to deploy a significant change in the app code you get merge errors, that could be avoided if the pulls were forced.

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Adding subdomains pointing to the existing directories in application or external site

I was surprised to know that that you cannot add a subdomain and point to your existing directories. even pointing to other domains.This features was there in cpanel from beginning and it is quite useful. Especially this features helps to server make the site much more faster in magento by making subdomains for stating content like media, js etc and configure in magento application. I had this setup in my earlier hosting making the site to load ~1 sec. I have moved the site to cloudways now it loads ~4 seconds

53 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Ability to upload or enter .env information

Be able to upload a .env file, or enter the .env key/pair values in the console. Many frameworks (such as Laravel) utilise the .env file to change configuration between dev and prod, and they should never be pushed via git.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide server details from Team Members with limited application access

When I give limited access to team members the first console screen after they login it shows the server details - server type, disk, etc.

I want to give application access to my clients but I don't want them seeing the level of server I have them on. It would be better to either not show the server details or go straight into the application dashboard.

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Xcache

there is no option for Xcache instead of APC Cache, can you please include it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Add LOCALE settings to PHP configuration

It would be useful to be able to set the LOCALE setting for php.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Click & Go Application Credentials visible for Master User

We were used to have all credentials in that spot, could be a good idea set them to be viewed for master access, inserting the “Master user” as the first member of the team?

Why i need to add a new member (that is a copy of myself account) with another email, plus I want all my work email on the one you have already to contact me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Graziano, you have the master credentials at the server tab level cause they give access to all apps in that server. You don’t need to create another account for yourself. Master credentials have SSH and SFTP access to all apps already.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Cloudways Team

20. Support for creating CSR for multiple domains (SAN)

Your platform supports SAN and Wildcard SSL certs but the CSR creator under Application Management does not support multiple domains and it gives error "Enter Domain name in correct format" when I typed in my domains under it. Seems like it supports one domain only so it should be updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base