Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. let users know which port is used by SFTP

currently the master credentials screen for SFTP is not complete.
    you have to watch a video on FTP setup to know that cloudways uses Port: 22

It would be very helpful to add this information beneath the existing master credentials:

Public IP
    username
    password
    port

without knowing that the port number is 22 you can't login to SFTP.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provision for setting time at which the cron job would run

Currently, we can configure job and configure common settings at which it would run.

However, I can not set at what time it would run. For small application developers like me, it is important for me to make sure that such heavy lifting cron jobs should run at idle time, like at midnight or early morning.

Providing such an option would be just great.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. allow ed25519 ssh keys

hi, please allow addition of ed25519 ssh keys

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Control Panel Option to Clear Swap Memory

Sometimes you run in to an issue where you "run out of memory" when upgrading modules or magento. You can force unlimited memory with composer or php, but the system only has so much swap and physical RAM. Often times, clearing the swap mem is enough to allow the command to run successfully. Since this can only be done with root access, it would be great to have this feature added in to the control panel so we do not have to contact chat support to do this every time.

Yes, upgrading the server is the solution, but when in…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. htpasswd auth URL protection from cloudways

htpasswd auth URL protection from cloudways

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Git deploy with submodules

If there are any submodules in the main repository, it could be possible to pull them all.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Group permissions for Teams

Group Permissions

Feature Request: Under the Team settings, I'd like to have a Group where I can set permission for the group of people instead of per person.

This would make it easy to bring on new team members and add them to a group in Cloudways.

For example, I might have an "Admin" group where I've allowed access to billing. And I would also have a "Developers" group that gives access to the console and support, but not billing.

I hope that explains the feature well. Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. improve error log report

hello guys
    thanks for this amazing hosting service
    i really need a better a log report
    remove unnecessary warnings, or fix filters and include a clear log option
    kind regards

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

The instant backups should show my timezone locally when they were taken.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Search by domain

In the search server or application field, please add also by domain. So we can easily find applications that have specific domains pointing to there.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Change admin email (even in the UI)

Hello,

please add the possibility to change the email address of the admin account, even in the Cloudways UI.

Thank you!

Best Regards.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Need api to check, domain is mapped or not

Need api to check, domain is mapped or not

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Account Operations Cockpit

An account having multiple servers organized in teams and projects, makes it difficult to monitor all the deployments without needing to go into each server separately and the notifications are just too many to handle or even to effectively locate a problem.

Would be very useful to have a cockpit panel which gives a birds eye view of all the servers (logically organized in to teams and projects) showing a summary status that includes;
    Server level availability, accessibility and general health status (CPU, Mem, Disk).

If more information is needed on a specific server a drill down to the monitoring…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add option for password protection for all apps, not just staging

This is a great feature for the staging sites, however, we often run into the instance where we are doing a new website build for a client and don't already host their primary site. In this case, we are setting up a standalone app for the new project, but would also like to have to ability to turn on password protection as if it were a staging site.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. More Cloudways Bot Notifications Options and Subscribe Options

Cloudways Bot doesn't currently notify us about server RAM usage spikes, etc. Turn it into a subscription service and let us choose which stats/events to monitor.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Monitor application wise details improvements

On server > monitoring > summary, there is a "Application Wise Details" table. My suggestion to that table is:

1) Make columns sorteable, so for example I can sort by disk usage, cpu, or memory.
    2) Make Disk usage unit consitent, to easier make a comparison, right aligned, always 2 decimals and always using MB
    3) Separate the Last update column

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Invert Redis Controls on Manage Services tab

I would like to kindly ask the UX/UI relevant Developer, if it could be possible to invert the Stop and the Restart controls on the "Mana Services" tab on the Platform.

Since it's below all the Restart controls, I oftenly Stop Redis instead of Restarting. I assume this isn't a very hard update to make, and would improve a lot the UX on the Platform Hope it can be done, cheers!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create staging site from backup

Problem: Right now I have to use a third party backup solution because Cloudways built in backup solution is incomplete.

Solution: Allow users to restore a backup as a separate application or staging site. This allows us to easily see what the website looked like at any point in the past when a regression issue happens. Also allow us to download backups, so we can pull out specific files from the past without having to revert the database and loose eCommerce order data.

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Applications Window

Please add the ability to choose how many Applications will load up onto the Applications page at any one time, it's really annoying having to click to cycle through the applications 10 at a time.

I'd like to see the option for 10, 25, 50, 100 or all to be added here.

It would also be good if these projects could be drag and drop sorted into an order that works for us as developers. Maybe add colour coding for which Server any project is on too.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base