Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Put the Application URL on the front screen.

have 70 websites across 5 servers, its hard to know which are live and which are DEV sites. Putting the URL on the front page would make this much better to manager, I could tell at a glance which was dev vs live. Also, on the link to go to the website from the console, I cannot right click the link and open in a new tab, so this prevents me from keeping my place in my long list of 70 applications

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add iowait to the monitoring system for better CPU/HDD Monitoring

iowait tells us how much time the CPU is waiting for the HDD - which would be very useful when identifying the bottleneck on a server so we can better decide what and when to upgrade

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Improve Server/Application Navigation in the new console

In the old platform, it was easy to switch between servers and applications with one click -- there was always the main "Server" dropdown at the top, and then below it, once you switched to the "Application" tab of a given server, you could easily switch between the applications on that server.

In the new console, servers & applications seem to be treated as totally separate entities, and the lack of hierarchy is very confusing and cumbersome to navigate.

Please bring back the double-drop-down system. At the top, ALWAYS have a Server selector AND an Application selector. This will make…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Projects - Bulk Create Projects

Bulk Add and Edit Projects

It would be nice to create many projects at once. Type/copy and paste into a multiline text field, and/or upload a simple .csv to make many projects at once.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Show Varnish authentication key in the console

I followed the below guide for setting up Varnish with Magento and had to ask support for my Varnish Authentication Key.

Could this show in the console or something?

https://support.cloudways.com/how-to-install-and-configure-turpentine-for-magento/

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Better Cron hinting

I would like to see better Cron schedule hinting. I was attempting to set up my cron tasks for a Laravel application and I had to resort to getting help from support. I never would have been able to guess the proper directory without help.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Provide other PHP log settings or tighter log control

Please provide better control or more PHP logging options (ie turning off warnings). Right now I can't turn off certain debug output that is inconsequential, yet seriously affects my server performance.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add LOCALE settings to PHP configuration

It would be useful to be able to set the LOCALE setting for php.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Click & Go Application Credentials visible for Master User

We were used to have all credentials in that spot, could be a good idea set them to be viewed for master access, inserting the “Master user” as the first member of the team?

Why i need to add a new member (that is a copy of myself account) with another email, plus I want all my work email on the one you have already to contact me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Graziano, you have the master credentials at the server tab level cause they give access to all apps in that server. You don’t need to create another account for yourself. Master credentials have SSH and SFTP access to all apps already.

Let me know if I am missing something.

Cloudways Team

10. Support for creating CSR for multiple domains (SAN)

Your platform supports SAN and Wildcard SSL certs but the CSR creator under Application Management does not support multiple domains and it gives error "Enter Domain name in correct format" when I typed in my domains under it. Seems like it supports one domain only so it should be updated.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Xcache

there is no option for Xcache instead of APC Cache, can you please include it

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fine grain team member permissions

Please add permissions/restrictions for:

Purchasing additional services
    Scaling the server
    Changing packages
    Managing Addons

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Fix the ClicknGo functions that don't work in Firefox

There's no way Cloudways should have functionality in the ClicknGo console that fails outright when using Firefox. (Specifically referring to clicktocopy buttons). At this point in time, cross-browser functionality should be a given, especially for admin pages.

Either implement the extra functionality in a way that is compatible with all major browsers, create an automatic fallback solution for no-supported browsers, or at the very least, put a notation on each non-compatible function marking the browsers with which it will not work. As it is now, it's a major frustration that makes Cloudways look amateurish when the reason for the failure…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Paul can you list any other functionality that is not working with Firebox (besides clicktocopy) and the version of Firefox you are using and in which OS?. This will help.

We do try to test console functionality in all browsers/OS combinations, but we may have missed some.

Cloudways Team

14. Wish a clone/backup button on the right site of Click&Go sql manager, just to easy clone or backup database

Wish a clone/backup button on the right site of Click&Go sql manager, just to easy clone or backup database

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Use Zeroclipboard instead of flash for the "click-to-copy" functionality

just a request - on the application dashboard, you have all the usernames and passwords for various things (DB, Admin, SFTP, SSH). All of these use flash - it is very hard to use this on Linux machines. Please use what Github uses - Zeroclipboard. See how easily you can copy paste the "SSH Clone URL" on the right side of github: https://github.com/z…om/zeroclipboard/zeroclipboard . it will be massively useful for people like me

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Better app submission

The process should be:

1 - Type of the app (Wordpress, Prestashop...)
    2 - Name of the app (My Application)
    3 - Primary Domain (myappdomain.com)
    4 - SSH Key (Yes[] - No[] and if yes "Paste you SSH Key)

Actually these steps means 3 app restarts and 5 minutes, with all these steps at the app creation time it would take no more than 1mn.

15 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Less drag'n'drop sensitivity

The drag'n'drop sensitivity of the sections in the server and app overview page are very high, making it almost impossible to click the open and close button without triggering a sorting instead. Specially when using a wacom stylus.

You might want to consider adding som sort of "min. drag distance before sorting" to each section to avoid unintentionally sorting events.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Database panel - improvements

I think database panel need really improvements.
    I would like to see in database basic columns as ROWS and SIZE of table.
    Also collation does not work properly even if I can change it on clickngo panel. It does not change collation for existing tables.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add more options for prestashop installation

I would like to select what first language prestashop gets installed with.
    At the moment your prestashop installation comes with english and french installed. But when those are not needed they just take space in the database. Even when deleted they leave lots of entries behind...

So installing with the right language from the beginning would be amazing.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base