Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Ping server locations

Please add a tool in CW website - probably near the server location selector - that helps us to ping the server locations from browser, to make it easier to select the best server location for our site.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow restore points to be cloned to staging

Often, I have glitches that creep in to my websites, It would be good to be able to clone a restore point to the staging server so I can see an old version or perhaps get some files back that I have deleted or revert to a css versions from a few days ago. Currently, I have to restore to live (not ideal!!) then make a staging site then revert back to pre restore.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add averages to data displayed on Monitoring Details tab

When viewing the Monitoring / Details server tab you can see charts which display data for a selected period, e.g. 7 days. I would like to see an average somewhere for the displayed data.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add date and time to local backups!

So currently, when you create a local backup of your server the file is simply called:"backup.tgz".

To make everyones life easier, why not add the date and time to the filename so its called:"backup27112019__0030.tgz" or something similar for example.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. When a mistake is made during phone registration, let people delete it and start over.

I tried to register and my phone was out of service, I was asked to give my phone number, and as soon as I gave it, there was a text sent I could not retrieve, and it wouldn't let me start over. I tried to delete the account months ago and just checked back and it's still not deleted. So I still can't get started. you should change this so you get more business and customers aren't forced to use a different service.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Increase (or remove) the timeout limit for supervisord jobs.

The maximum time limie for Laravel Queue jobs is set at about 15 minutes - because the "Timeout" field only allows 3 characters.

This seems like an arbitary limit, and a failry short one for some use cases.

I'd like to increase that to at least 4 digits (almost 3 hours), or 5 (almost 28 hours) or to let us remove the limit entirely.

I know the limitations want to avoid us breaking our servers, so if there's a reason CloudWays servers can only support 15 minutes of Queue Jobs then it would be useful to have that explained somewhere.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. install mysql / mariadb timezone database / tables by default

the timezone database is not filled by default: so these queries fail:

SELECT CONVERT_TZ( "2019-08-26 07:06:09",'Europe/Amsterdam', 'UTC');

Please make an option to install / update the timezone database
    https://dev.mysql.com/doc/mysql-g11n-excerpt/5.7/en/time-zone-support.html#time-zone-installation

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Cronjob not user and application friendly

We are happy with cloudway support and services. But i found a major drawback there with cronjob setup. We can't setup cronjobs there as command line. Like in cakephp project we need to run console command like Console/cake Marketplaces runshellcommand, But it doesn't accept it, Now a days all frameworks need a console command to run for cronjob, But this feature not available there.
    2) I didn't found a way for File manager, Where if possible we can edit files online, rather than connect with FTP.

Please add 2 features there, Would be good for applications and user point of…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make server sharing work again

Please make it possible to access a server from multiple accounts, or allow me to use the same email address to access multiple accounts. I keep using up my email addresses to start client projects and can't re-use them.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Canceled due to horrible support

Hi,

I have canceled my plan due to the horrible support:

• Non-English speakers, most of the time I couldn't even understand what your support staff is trying to say. Please hire people that at least know some basic English. That happened on multiple occasions.

• Terrible advices. I've never seen so bad advices from a hosting provider.

• Weak passwords. I've never seen a hosting that is forcing its customers not to use upper case for its passwords. That was brutal.

• Support randomly closed tickets after failing to explain what they want to say.

I am a technical person and I do…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Cloudways app

Have you considered creating a server / application management app for ios and android?

Your interface is already pretty app-like.

It would be great to be able to adjust basic settings and respond to monitoring issues while on the run.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add Telegram as a new channel for CloudwayBot

Please add Telegram as a new channel for CloudwaysBot
    https://telegram.org
    Thanks

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add ability to zoom inside Monitoring graphs

Since we can't have access to the server logs, it would be great to be able to zoom into the broader monitoring graphs to get a better idea of the server's performance.

For example if I'm looking at CPU usage for a Month, it is averaged, so I don't really see the actual numbers. Granularity gets lost ... It would be very useful to be able to zoom into the first week/day/hour of the month, since the logs for this are already there.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. allow custom restore points

Allow user to create their own restore point at any time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Have the ability to change ownership of server to another cloudways account

It would be great if we can just change ownership of a server. For example, my account. I am using my company Google account to handle our servers, etc on cloudways but maybe it needs to be owned by a generic company account in the event there is employee turnover or I leave the company. Then there would be no way to fully access the servers under my account that the company may need to access if, my account is ever removed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Mention Green Hosting on Cloudways website

You could mention on your site, when choosing the provider, which of them are offering "green hosting". I.e. use wind/solar/water powered data centers, and adopt other green practices. Especially given that you are one of the rare that I could find, that allowed me to select Google Servers, who have 100% sustainable energy (and not wood burning either) on their servers.

Maybe it would also help the non-technical people to have some of the terms (when creating the server and launching it) translated to more "human-readable" -format. I could imagine some environmentally conscious people would be then choosing your service…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Knowledge Base for Advanced Cron-Jobs

Knowledge Base about Advanced Cron-Jobs wit better description about the possibilities of Advanced Cron-Jobs:

• do output with cron-script.php >> cron-script-output.txt

• different possible to execute like for php «31 04 * * * php pathToPhpScript/....»

• what is the base-path for cron-scripts, or do I have to use always absolute-path

• examples like (abstract):
      DD HH DD MM dOfWeek interpreter [absPathToScript] >> [absPathToOutputFile]

• examples like real (pseudoreal)
      31 04 * * * php /home/121954.cloudwaysapps.com/txsjrjwqax/publichtml/cron-script-1.php >> /home/121954.cloudwaysapps.com/txsjrjwqax/publichtml/output-cron-script-1.txt

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. backup notes

It will good to add simple notes for backups. So we can see restore points with notes. We can only see dates. If we can see the notes it will be better to recognize which restore point is for what.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Enable subdomains for apps using backend and frontend with same DB

Enable the possibility to create esily subdomains for alternate access to the app. For example myapp.com and backend.myapp.com.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base