Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us specify the root for a new SFTP account

This is such a basic feature that exists on any cPanel hosting plan. Simply allow us to set the root folder for a new SFTP accounts for an application.

I have software that automatically uploads to the SFTP but the upload fails because your default root (applcations/(appname) is not writable. Simply add a field to let us specify where the root for he new SFTP we just created will be (i.e. applications/(appname)/public_html/newfolder

I cannot stress enough how useful this will be for us developers and will make the CloudWays experience more robust and scalable.

153 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

66 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow exceptions to "Direct PHP files access"

I'd find it really useful to be able to add exceptions to this rule by specifying specific URLs you want to allow direct access for. For example AJAX calls to PHP it might be necessary to have.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Progress bar

When cloning, adding or migrating an application, some sort of progress bar/percentage would be really handy, just so you know that something is happening, rather than keep refreshing the page in the hope that it will magically finish.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Generate separate cache for mobile and desktop

Often the websites break or shows a mobile version of the site on Desktop and vice-versa. It happens because the Breeze plugin generates only one cache. There are many other plugins that generate different cache for different browsers and this feature can fix that site breaking issue.

Siteground's SG Optimizer does a great job with this. They also have some other very useful features like automatic image optimization which is very handy for running a fast website.

I think if Breeze follows the path of SG Optimizer, it will be a great solution.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ablility to bulk whitelist IP's in Bot protection

Please add a way to import whitelist IPs from a list(or copy/paste) for "Bot Protection" as now going through the blocked IPs and comparing IPs and whitelisting one by one is hardly an option. Also there are legitimate optimization services that we use that get blocked(like https://nitropack.io for example) and they 10s of IPs so bulk whitelisting is much needed indeed.

Thank you, guys/gals and I hope this will be implemented sooner.

21 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Get DB/file path name with API endpoint

I'd like to be able to get the DB name/file path with an API endpoint. This allows further automation of dev site setups, and has been requested for years on this forum.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Separate manual backups from automatic (persistent) + ability to rename

Hi,

You should implement backups the same way some of the best web hosting providers do:

1) Separate manual backups from the automated ones.
    1.1) Manual backups should be "persistents" so they don't just disappear as the automated backups go on. Hence, the separate list only containing manual backups.

To avoid abuses, you can limit to 5 or even 3 maximum "spots" of manual backups at the same time. That way, we are forced to delete some to make further manual backups, so that we never exceed the limit of manual backups spots.

1.2) You could, as well, allow us
    4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. ability to include certain files/folders on staging

much like the exclude button under staging management - it would be useful to select exactly what file you want to update for two reasons, one deployment would be speedier and less likely to cause any unexpected or unwanted updates

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improve staging environment for websites that use Woocommerce + Elementor

Paraphrasing an idea put forward for Magento sites...
    The staging area is useless for us at the moment as our users constantly post and sell products, so by the time we have finished work on the staging site updating pages there have been new products added, products sold and so on...this means we cannot merge the staging site with live as it overwrites the orders and products in the database.

An option to exclude data specific to users, products, sales, etc, would be most welcome, so that we could push page layout and interface developments without affecting other content of…

13 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Woocommerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add e-mail body to Elastic email logs

It took 3 days for support to get the body of 82 e-mails that were bounced for some reason... Ingoing and outgoing mails. We had to know the content of the e-mail since, website contact form e-mails, purchase confirmation e-mails, and so on, were not delivered.

Since this is critical to us and our clients, it would be nice, if we could have the content of e-mails in the logs.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Default wordpress Username + Password

Can we make it where you can set your own default admin username instead of always using the account email?

thanks!

44 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  10 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow CW Signup with any email address (not only Gmail)

Currently, it's only possible to create a new account with either a Gmail address or a branded email address.

I strongly encourage you and suggest allowing any email addresses to create a Cloudways account.

Gmail → can't force a client to use Gmail
    Branded email → if the branded email should be migrated to Cloudways (using Rackspace) then its not recommended to use this email address to manage the CW account itself.

Workaround: Change email address after account creation. But this can be only done once. And it's again an annoying process for a client who needs to do that…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Monitoring info at scale

Hello!
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats1.jpg
    It would be nice if some of these stats could be displayed
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats3.jpg
    in this area when looking at all servers
    i have a bunch of servers now and it would just make my life easier to see some of that info at scale
    and I'd be more likely to upgrade something (more money for you guys) if I can see it all in a list like that
    that's it! Just wanted to pass it along as something to consider down the line! I'd consider it a quality of life improvement for customers with multiple servers :)

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Benefits of QuickBooks Hosting

Benefits of QuickBooks Hosting

QuickBooks Cloud Hosting enables you to save your software and data files on third-party cloud servers. This indicates that you can get access to your QuickBooks software and all the stored files and data from any place and anytime. QuickBooks hosting enables you to use the software without mobility restrictions.

Few Advantages of QuickBooks Hosting:

Access Anywhere
    For several SME owners, this is the USP of QuickBooks hosting. You do not have to worry about being bound to a single computer. QuickBooks Hosting enable you to have access to your software with your tablet or smartphone.…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Salt & hash all passwords currently visible/viewable in CloudWays admin

While the CloudWays service is great, I've been concerned for a while now that I can simply click to copy passwords for SFTP, SSH, databases & WordPress. My concerns have been amplified as yesterday over 1.2 million compromised passwords were stolen from GoDaddy because they stored their details in a similar way: https://wptavern.com/godaddy-data-breach-exposes-1-2-million-active-and-inactive-managed-wordpress-hosting-accounts

Simply put: ALL passwords stored on CloudWays should be salted & hashed. There should be no way for CloudWays (or me) to retrieve them once they've been saved. The fact that I can indicates they are being stored as plaintext, which is a huge security issue. Passwords…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. We need to be able to upgrade our Rackspace standard email account to Email Plus Account. We need Email Plus account at reduced price.

I need to be able to sync Calendars of my Rackspace email account with outlook. This can only be done with a Rackspace email plus account. Either get this feature added to the standard account or allow an option for people with Rackspace Standard Email account to upgrade to Email Plus Account. Also add option to archive emails. So basically offer all of the Rackspace options on Cloudways for reduced price.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add additional Vultr HF servers

Currently the Vultr HF server options are a bit limited compared to what Vultr HF actually offers.

For example, it jumps from a 1 CPU / 2GB option at $26 a month to a 2 CPU / 4GB option at $50 a month.

Vultr HF offers a 2 CPU / 2GB option, which would slot in nicely at maybe $38 a month on Cloudways. The jump up to $50 a month is quite a lot, but many users would probably consider an upgrade for the extra core if they don't need the RAM.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Infrastructure Providers  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. UI for Excluding Images from Nginx vhost to Support webp .htaccess redirect rules

When using a WordPress plugin like WebP Express (https://wordpress.org/plugins/webp-express/) or ewww.io, they are using an htaccess rule to redirect browsers that support webp images to the corresponding webp image files. This however does not work out of the box on Cloudways due to Cloudways' Nginx vhost.

Currently, I need to contact Cloudways for each application I want to add support for webp images to exclude images from the Nginx vhost. After that, the htaccess rules work correctly. This is also described by ewww: https://docs.ewww.io/article/16-ewww-io-and-webp-images

Can you please give us control of excluding images from the Nginx vhost ourselves?…

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  7 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. DigitalOcean NVMe SSD Plans

DigitalOcean has launched NVMe options, Please check here: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

Kindly add Intel & AMD CPU Options to Cloudways that comes with NVMe SSD's

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Breez cache plugin - Feature to clear a specific page

This is about the "Breeze" cache plugin for Wordpress, which is by the way amazing!

There is just one thing that is really annoying, that most of other cache plugin do. There is no option to purge the cache only for a specific page. With other cache plugin, it's possible to do it from the Wordpress bar at the top of the page and that's great to force refreshing a page for users, without having to delete the whole cache, thus slowing down the whole website for users during some time.

Thank you for the great work and best regards,…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 78 79
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base