Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us specify the root for a new SFTP account

This is such a basic feature that exists on any cPanel hosting plan. Simply allow us to set the root folder for a new SFTP accounts for an application.

I have software that automatically uploads to the SFTP but the upload fails because your default root (applcations/(appname) is not writable. Simply add a field to let us specify where the root for he new SFTP we just created will be (i.e. applications/(appname)/public_html/newfolder

I cannot stress enough how useful this will be for us developers and will make the CloudWays experience more robust and scalable.

151 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

63 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Get DB/file path name with API endpoint

I'd like to be able to get the DB name/file path with an API endpoint. This allows further automation of dev site setups, and has been requested for years on this forum.

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow exceptions to "Direct PHP files access"

I'd find it really useful to be able to add exceptions to this rule by specifying specific URLs you want to allow direct access for. For example AJAX calls to PHP it might be necessary to have.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add ablility to bulk whitelist IP's in Bot protection

Please add a way to import whitelist IPs from a list(or copy/paste) for "Bot Protection" as now going through the blocked IPs and comparing IPs and whitelisting one by one is hardly an option. Also there are legitimate optimization services that we use that get blocked(like https://nitropack.io for example) and they 10s of IPs so bulk whitelisting is much needed indeed.

Thank you, guys/gals and I hope this will be implemented sooner.

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

60 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve staging environment for websites that use Woocommerce + Elementor

Paraphrasing an idea put forward for Magento sites...
    The staging area is useless for us at the moment as our users constantly post and sell products, so by the time we have finished work on the staging site updating pages there have been new products added, products sold and so on...this means we cannot merge the staging site with live as it overwrites the orders and products in the database.

An option to exclude data specific to users, products, sales, etc, would be most welcome, so that we could push page layout and interface developments without affecting other content of…

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Woocommerce  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Default wordpress Username + Password

Can we make it where you can set your own default admin username instead of always using the account email?

thanks!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  6 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Monitoring info at scale

Hello!
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats1.jpg
    It would be nice if some of these stats could be displayed
    https://fluid.services/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/stats3.jpg
    in this area when looking at all servers
    i have a bunch of servers now and it would just make my life easier to see some of that info at scale
    and I'd be more likely to upgrade something (more money for you guys) if I can see it all in a list like that
    that's it! Just wanted to pass it along as something to consider down the line! I'd consider it a quality of life improvement for customers with multiple servers :)

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. DigitalOcean NVMe SSD Plans

DigitalOcean has launched NVMe options, Please check here: https://www.digitalocean.com/pricing/

Kindly add Intel & AMD CPU Options to Cloudways that comes with NVMe SSD's

9 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. UI for Excluding Images from Nginx vhost to Support webp .htaccess redirect rules

When using a WordPress plugin like WebP Express (https://wordpress.org/plugins/webp-express/) or ewww.io, they are using an htaccess rule to redirect browsers that support webp images to the corresponding webp image files. This however does not work out of the box on Cloudways due to Cloudways' Nginx vhost.

Currently, I need to contact Cloudways for each application I want to add support for webp images to exclude images from the Nginx vhost. After that, the htaccess rules work correctly. This is also described by ewww: https://docs.ewww.io/article/16-ewww-io-and-webp-images

Can you please give us control of excluding images from the Nginx vhost ourselves?…

20 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Breez cache plugin - Feature to clear a specific page

This is about the "Breeze" cache plugin for Wordpress, which is by the way amazing!

There is just one thing that is really annoying, that most of other cache plugin do. There is no option to purge the cache only for a specific page. With other cache plugin, it's possible to do it from the Wordpress bar at the top of the page and that's great to force refreshing a page for users, without having to delete the whole cache, thus slowing down the whole website for users during some time.

Thank you for the great work and best regards,…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Facebook Feed Not Loading

If you are a user of Facebook and your Facebook feed not loading properly on your phone then you can follow below steps and get solve this glitch:
    • First of all check Internet speed
    • If internet speed is good then log out and log-in your account
    • Clear all cache and history of your phone
    • Change your account password
    • Restart your phone
    Now, it will be fixing. If you are facing the same problem then follow us on https://www.allphonesupport.com/blog/facebook-feed-not-loading

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Resource limitation control per application (disk space, bandwidth limit, CPU cores)

Adding limitations per application would be a great help so we can offer our clients a specific number on

disk space
    bandwidth limit
    CPU cores
    and etc.

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Direct login to WP dashboard from admin planel URL without password

This is a very handy function i see WP Engine has and it makes it super easy to just login to each site without the need to save passwords in the browser or add them manually. Do you think this would be an option to implement in the future?

17 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Kamatera is a cloud provider with low prices and flexible server configuration.

Please add servers from https://www.kamatera.com.

They have a very flexible configuration of the server configuration and not big prices.
    I worked on their servers before I moved to Cloudways, I just got tired of doing administration, so I came to you.

But otherwise, everything is at a high level.

https://www.kamatera.com/Products/250/Pricing

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Breeze Plugin not compatible with Wordfence

From Wordfence:
    We tested this issue using the Breeze plugin and found two problems.

This affects Wordfence’s two-factor authentication, if one or more users has set up two-factor authentication, and the reCAPTCHA feature, so using either or both of those features would be broken by Breeze modifying our script tags.

In Breeze’s “Advanced Options”, under “Delay JS inline scripts”, you can remove the line that says “nonce” to avoid having our script deferred.

You will also need to turn off the “JS” option under “Minifcation” in Breeze’s settings. We don’t know why they are modifying our script tag when minification…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Integrations  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello

We have replicated the case after enabling the Delay JS Inline, JS Minification, and login with 2FA.

Breeze does not affect the 2FA process. There is no console error by enabling the Breeze settings with JS minification which may cause the break of script tags.

Here is the video link. Please have a look

https://streamable.com/f8lv48

If the issue is still occurring we request you to kindly create a support ticket and provide us a video with replication steps our team will look into the issue.

Best Regards,
    Cloudways Team

16. Allow users to set default PHP settings

Allow users to set default PHP settings so that newly created apps already have the correct settings and don't need to be reconfigured every time.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When an ongoing technical ticket does not require customer response, do not prompt customer response

Currently, I have a ticket pending. One of your genius engineers is hard at work trying to fix something for me. (Awesome.) However, I get an email quite often saying:

"Hi there,

This is an automated e-mail to remind you that request (#XXXXXX) is pending at your end and awaits your feedback.

This is an automated system which would mark this ticket solved if not replied within next 24 hours. Please update the ticket if required. Otherwise, this ticket would be marked as solved due to no reply.

Please follow the link below to review and update your request:
    http://tickets.cloudways.com/hc/requests/XXXXXX

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Get Amazing Discounts, Offers & Coupons On Netrockdeals

NetrockDeals is a one-stop solution for all of your shopping needs. Saving money is not a big deal with NetrockDeals as it provides you real Big Deals! Even if you are an Impulse Buyer or a Bargain Hunter, you will fall in love with the cashback Offers and Coupons provided at NetrockDeals on 300+ online retailers. All you have to do is Go, Click, and Save!

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. allow image pasting in your Intercom system

Cloudways uses a support chat system called Intercom. Many companies use it.

When I have support issues with other companies and need to show a picture, I can just copy an image from my screen and paste in the Intercom chat.

But for some reason, your Intercom is set in a way that prevents me from easily pasting images. It is very challenging to get the images to you - many extra steps.

I'm going to be with you guys for a long time. It would be nice for your Intercom to be set up to allow easy image pasting…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer Support  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Security

Hi there,

I recently learned about the login lock feature at BigScoots.

The Login Lock feature allows for an extra layer of login security on the WP admin dashboard. You can read more about it at the link below:

https://blog.bigscoots.com/wordpress-optimized-portal-wpo/#admin-security-lock

Will Cloudways be releasing something similar soon? It would be great to have an extra layer of login security available for our sites.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 77 78
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base