Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Elasticsearch 7.6, Magento 2.4 requires it and MySQL is no longer supported for search

Please enable Elasticsearch 7.6, because Magento 2.4 requires it and MySQL is no longer supported for search at all. This is a must to have or I have to transfer all Magento installations to another provider.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Direct access to Rackspace control panel

It would be neat to add the possibility to directly access the Rackspace control panel where we can:
    - add/remove/edit email addresses
    - add DKIM records
    - change the webmail login url
    - add webmail Company logo
    - and other things Rackspace offer to their direct customers

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Urgent - Elasticsearch 7.6.x support, MariaDB 10.4 support

Magento 2.4 will remove support for Elasticsearch 5.x and 6.x, making the default version 7.6.x. Magento 2.4 will also remove MySql search engine, making the elasticsearch engine the default and only option.

This is a must if you wish to host future Magento websites.

Also, Magento 2.4 removes support for MariaDB 10.1. The new standard is 10.4, which brings improved performance.

Link to official documentation: https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.4/release-notes/release-notes-2-4-0-open-source.html#platform-upgrades

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. PHP version change option on application level

i think there should an option to choose php version on application not on server level, so that if it is require to change php version, i don't need to ad a new server and pay extra for that

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. start to host Vultr's new High Frequency Compute Packages

The new High Frequency Compute packages from Vultr are a huge improvement over their previous packages at a tiny increase in cost.

Benchmarks of 2413 Geekbench ($5) vs 4883 Geekbench ($6), 25GB vs 32GB storage, high clock CPU's and NVMe Local Storage for just an extra dollar!

Having to use a management solution to host these packages such as runcloud, serverpilot etc is an extra hassle for the average consumer and I have no doubt this will offer a huge surge of customers who are willing to pay for the convenience!

Many thanks :)

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

started  ·  23 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow Bills to be sent via Email

Some time ago the billing process used to be that bills were sent via email each month and we would forward these by a rule to our finance system for OCR input.

Now we need to login with 2FA, download the invoice and email it to our finance system. This process takes roughly 5 minutes vs 0 seconds and is a backwards step from an automated process.

Can we bring back the option to have bills sent via email?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

I suggest you should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

In the console we should have a file manager, so we shouldn't have to use clients (like Filezilla) for fpt.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please make ElasticSearch ^7.0 releases available

There have been breaking changes since the ElasticSearch 7.0 release.
    For more information see https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/reference/current/breaking-changes-7.0.html

To use up-to-date applications with ElasticSearch we need at least version 7.0

Thank you.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Resource limitation control per application (disk space, bandwidth limit, CPU cores)

Adding limitations per application would be a great help so we can offer our clients a specific number on

disk space
    bandwidth limit
    CPU cores
    and etc.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. White Label Domain

For agencys, it would be great for us to be able to globally white label the URL

For example,
    wordpress-000000-000000.cloudwaysapps.com

to:
    000000-000000.mydomain.com

66 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Better Breeze descriptions

The "Advanced Options" page of this plugin does not properly explain how to specify URLs. Please add examples and/or include a link to a KB article.

Take the "Exclude CSS" field. I have no idea which of the following are valid:
    - https://example.com/resource/
    - https://example.com/resource
    - //example.com/resource
    - example.com/resource
    - /resource
    - example.com/resource/*
    - example.com/resource/(.*)
    - example.com\/resource\/(.*)
    - /example.com\/resource\/(.*)/

How do I use this plugin? Please add more detailed instructions.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bulk enable bot protection on all apps over a server

I want to know if there is a possibility to enable bot protection on all of the apps under a server at once. I asked the support team but they have said no. I badly need that since that could possibly save days of work as I have over 100 websites running under your servers.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Urgent - Elasticsearch 7.6.x support, MariaDB 10.4 support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Security Patches in this update alone are required for the update.
    Who wants to run a business on this hosting knowing your stuff can be compromised due to lack of ability to update for existing stable software.

Magento 2.4 will remove support for Elasticsearch 5.x and 6.x, making the default version 7.6.x. Magento 2.4 will also remove MySql search engine, making the elasticsearch engine the default and only option.

This is a must if you wish to host future Magento websites.

Also, Magento 2.4 removes support for MariaDB 10.1. The new standard is 10.4, which brings improved performance.

Link…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Magento  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Adding the new Debian 10 + PHP 7.4

during the last release of Debian 9 we need to wait almost 1 year to get the Debian update from 8 to 9, i hope this round we can have faster deployment of Debian 10 + PHP 7.4 as well, hope is couple of month from now

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Add the lighspeed servers

As we all know the benefits of lightspeed techniques. But unfortunately it is not available on cloudways. Kindly add the lightspeed server on cloudways.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Is it possible to get notifications when security patches etc are installed on our servers?

Is it possible to get notifications when security patches etc are installed on our servers?

One of our websites was down for over 12 hours yesterday and took us a full day to debug and resolve. This appears to have been caused by a php patch upgrade which caused a memory leak in a Symfony package. Because we had no knowledge of a patch having been installed on our server this made the debugging process much more difficult.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Software Updates  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Uninstall New Relic option on Settings & Packages >> Packages

I would like to kindly suggest an option on "Settings & Packages --> Packages" to "Uninstall New Relic" from our servers, and this would automatically remove all those NR scripts on that server.

I keep wondering how much Live Chat & Tickets it could save to Cloudways! This would save so many resources!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. unbranded for resellers

Remove your branding from file paths as default. Also supply unbranded cache plugin. Resellers like myself do not want this and it is a real problem. Server pilot do not have their branding everywhere and it just make a barrier to using your service ie ‘/home/master/application/NAME-of-APPLICATION/public_html rather than /home/444739.cloudwaysapps.com/z

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 75 76
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base