Service Improvement

Cloudways values its customers and their feedback! You can now give us your feedback on how we can improve Cloudways services, solution and products by pitching in your ideas!

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let us specify the root for a new SFTP account

This is such a basic feature that exists on any cPanel hosting plan. Simply allow us to set the root folder for a new SFTP accounts for an application.

I have software that automatically uploads to the SFTP but the upload fails because your default root (applcations/(appname) is not writable. Simply add a field to let us specify where the root for he new SFTP we just created will be (i.e. applications/(appname)/public_html/newfolder

I cannot stress enough how useful this will be for us developers and will make the CloudWays experience more robust and scalable.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

6 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add ablility to bulk whitelist IP's in Bot protection

Please add a way to import whitelist IPs from a list(or copy/paste) for "Bot Protection" as now going through the blocked IPs and comparing IPs and whitelisting one by one is hardly an option. Also there are legitimate optimization services that we use that get blocked(like https://nitropack.io for example) and they 10s of IPs so bulk whitelisting is much needed indeed.

Thank you, guys/gals and I hope this will be implemented sooner.

12 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default wordpress Username + Password

Can we make it where you can set your own default admin username instead of always using the account email?

thanks!

18 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  4 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Resource limitation control per application (disk space, bandwidth limit, CPU cores)

Adding limitations per application would be a great help so we can offer our clients a specific number on

disk space
    bandwidth limit
    CPU cores
    and etc.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. choose application folder name

It is very very annoying that the system generates unrelated folder names for each appliaction - Please allow us to choose the name of the folder when creating a new application

11 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ion Cube Loader for PHP 7.4

Ion Cube Loader for PHP 7.4.
    This will be greatly useful for all the users of the extremely popular wordpress theme (Flatsome). All these users will be able to benefit from faster speeds and greater security.
    Thank you

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Direct access to Rackspace control panel

It would be neat to add the possibility to directly access the Rackspace control panel where we can:
    - add/remove/edit email addresses
    - add DKIM records
    - change the webmail login url
    - add webmail Company logo
    - and other things Rackspace offer to their direct customers

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Direct login to WP dashboard from admin planel URL without password

This is a very handy function i see WP Engine has and it makes it super easy to just login to each site without the need to save passwords in the browser or add them manually. Do you think this would be an option to implement in the future?

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Wordpress  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Uplcloud!

Please, just add Upcloud! It has Data centers closer to Africa than the rest. It will benefit your African users. The DC in Madrid!

8 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow "global" or account-level SSH keys, which are automatically added to every server

Currently, we have to manage SSH keys individually for every server. It would be awesome to be able to add global SSH keys, and then when a new server is created, those SSH keys are automatically installed on every server.

Additionally, it would be nice if when we added a account-level SSH key, it was added to all existing servers.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. search filter in selecting branch while deploying a branch on the server

please add search filter while selecting a branch on the application so that it is easy to select a branch which we need to deploy on the server.

i have many branches right now, it is difficult to navigate and search the branch which needs to be deployed

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Applications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Provide an SSL badge for Cloudways users to display on their sites. Most SSL companies provide an HTML Coded badge for website users to see.

Provide an SSL badge for Cloudways users to display on their sites. Most SSL companies provide an HTML Coded badge for website users to click on which then opens a security check popup that shows that the site is, in fact, secure at the very moment of use. It's reassuring for users, especially on an e-commerce site, to know they are protected.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Security  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. PHP-FPM Log buffer length limit issue needs resolving

There is an issue on servers configured by Cloudways, in which the PHP-FPM log buffer (error msg length) is set to 1028 bytes. This is too short for many errors messages generated by Wordpress.

It results in many entries of:
    "Message":"AH01071: Got error 'the log buffer is full (1024). The access log request has been truncated.'"

In the PHP error logs views in Application Manager. So rather than seeing the actual error, you end up just seeing this message. Which is, obviously, very unhelpful.

Apparently it's due to the setting of log_limit setting in PHP-FPM, complied with Nginx.
    You can…

6 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Implementation of OpenLiteSpeed (OLS)

LiteSpeed performs better than nginx: it transfers files faster and uses less CPU and memory.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Openlitespeed servers

When Cloudways.com will add Openlitespeed Servers?

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

I suggest you should implement an in-house ftp, or file manager.

In the console we should have a file manager, so we shouldn't have to use clients (like Filezilla) for fpt.

67 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Console Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please add an extra configuration layer for varnish

Please add an additional configuration layer for varnish to give the ability to the user to decide whether to service from varnish cache or the webserver depending on the values stated in the HTTP request header. This can be done with the W3TotalCache plugin (cookie-based caching - maintains separate caches for cookies)

For i.e. If the website is accessed by a mobile device (can be determined by the request header), serve from the mobile cache. If not, serve it from a different cache, etc.

This is very important if the website is specially optimized for mobiles compared to its counter…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Stacks  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notify me if elasticemail is having errors sending or is blocked

Notify me if elasticemail is having errors sending or is blocked

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Add-ons  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow me to create my own server config defaults

I have wished for a way to create my own defaults for settings that automatically get propagated to new servers. This would include config options available in:

• Server Management > Settings and Packages (especially Basic, Advanced, and Packages)

• Application Management > Applications Settings (especially General and PHP FPM config)

It would save time to not have to go manually change all the config on each server but have it automatically create the server with my preferred settings.

Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Configuration Improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 84 85
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base